Date: August 10 - 25, 2013
Host: Barb Campbell
Cost: Starting from $6,252
This is a great adventure! Please call us for details about all the great areas visited, the activities and the accommodations.
- This is a prime wildlife-viewing season
- Hand-picked lodging includes a classic safari lodge, a community-supporting lodge, a private tented camp, and a beach resort
- All lodgins was chosen for location and ambiance
- A carefree experience: all meals, transfers and internal flights are included.
- Guaranteed window seats and access to the open roof while on safari
- Top local guides inspire & assist you throughout
- Experienced trip host and naturalist Barb Campbell travels with the group
- Opportunity to witness the awe-inspiring migration in the Serengeti
- UNIQUE opportunity to walk in the Serengeti with our professional guides.
- Traditional safari drives in Tarangire, Ngorongoro and the Serengeti offer close-up wildlife observations
- The Ngorongoro Crater: world’s largest intact caldera and a haven for abundant wildlife
- Visit selected, authentic villages to meet welcoming and friendly Tanzanians and learn about their culture
- Canoe in Arusha National Park with Mt. Meru as a backdrop
- See Olduvai Gorge - a cradle of mankind.
- Enjoy the white sand beaches of Zanzibar
Aug. 10 & 11 - KILIMANJARO/ARUSHA: Arrival transfers; Arusha National Park (safari drive and canoe excursion). (2nts, 1B, 1L, 2D)
Aug. 12 & 13 - TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK: Drive to Tarangire; morning and afternoon sfari drives. (2nts, 2B, 2L, 2D)
Aug. 14 & 15 - LAKE MANYARA, RHOTIA VALLEY, NGORONGORO HIGHLANDS & CRATER: Mto wa Mbu village, safari drive in Lake Manyara Naitonal Park, full day on safari in the crater, visit a children's home. (2 nts, 2B, 2L, 2D)
Aug. 16- NGORONGORO CRATER, OLDUVAI GORGE & LAKE NDUTU: Last safari drive through the crater, stop at the Cradle of Mankind, break our journey at Lake Ndutu. (1nt, 1B, 1L, 1D)
Aug. 17, 18, 19 & 20 - SERENGETI: Seek the migration and other wildlife in a zone where safari walks are possible, as well as traditional safari drives. (Private tented camp, 4 nts, 4B, 4L, 4D)
Aug. 21, 22 & 23 - ZANZIBAR: Fly to the "Spice Island"; tour Stone Town, relax on the beach; optional activities. (3 nts, 3B, 1L, 3D)
Aug. 24 - HOMEWARD: Transfer to the airport to begin your journey home or onward. (B)
Starting Kilimanjaro/ending Zanzibar:
- CA$ 6,252 Adult - twin share / Child rate available (12-15 yrs)
- Single supplement:CA$ 580
All quoted prices effective at time of publication (May 25, 2012). While not expected, itinerary and prices are subject to change.