Date: March 1 - 24, 2013
Host: Denell Falk
Cost: Starting from CA$6,700
- Premium, luxury adventure. Maximum group size will be 18
- Trip is hosted by travel expert Denell Falk, President of Civilized Adventures
- All hotels have been hand-picked and carefully selected based on superior amenities, atmosphere and prime location.
- Top restaurants have been selected; menus have been inspected in advance to ensure variety and a full spectrum of local flavours and cooking styles.
- We hire guides we've used before: each is an expert in their own country
- Special private "cultural encounters" enrich your experience: visit a family in rural Camobodia and assist with a water pump projects; tour Phnom Penh with a historian, meet a family of musicians in Saigon and a VC vet at the Cu Chi tunnels, attend a Royal Martial Arts performance in Hue, and more!
- Active excursions include cycling in the countryside, kayaking on Halong Bay
- Special feature: visit the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) and nearby Thien Duong Cave
Please ask for complete info on all hotels/lodges used on this adventure.
- Explore World Heritage Sites: the temples of Angkor, Hoi An Ancient Town, the citadel in Hue, and cruise Halong Bay
- Special private cultural encounters
- The flavours of Indochina
- Wide-ranging experiences from bustling cities to ancient ruins
Mar. 1, 2, 3 & 4 - SIEM REAP & ANGKOR: Explore selected ruin sites (Angkor Thom & the Bayon, Terrace of the Elephants, Terrace of the Leper King, Angkor Wat, Banteay Srei and others). Visit a local village; participate in our water-pump project, see the monks in early morning. (4nts, 3B, 3D)
Mar. 5 - PHNOM PENH: Included flight to the capital city; special tour with an expert on Cambodian culture. (1 nt, 1B, 1D)
Mar. 6, 7 & 8 - into VIETNAM; MEKONG DELTA: private boat trip into Vietnam's Mekong Delta region. Visit villages and a unique floating market by boat. (1nt Chau Doc, 2nts Can Tho, 3B, 2L, 3D)
Mar. 9, 10 & 11 - CAI LAY & HO CHI MINH CITY: Morning in the delta: explore by boat and bicycle; special lunch; drive to Ho Chi Minh City. Visit the War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post office. Visit a family of musicians. Discover the Cu Chi Tunnels. (3 nts, 3B, 1L, 3D)
Mar. 12, 13 & 14 - HOI AN: Walking tour of this UNESCO World Heritage site plus cycling excursion to villages, along quiet lanes. Full free day. (3 nts, 3B, 1L, 1D)
Mar. 15 & 16 - HUE: Scenic coastal drive to Hue. Tour the Imperial Citadel, visit an ancient pagoda. Royal Martial Arts performance and two special dinners. (2nts, 2B, 2D)
Mar. 17 & 18 - THE DMZ & DONG HOI: Visit Phong Nha Ka Bang National Park, one of the world's largest karst regions with over 300 caves and grottoes. Trek in the rainforest to the caves. (2 nts, 2B, 2L, 2D)
Mar. 19 & 20 - HANOI: Tour key sites including the Temple of Literature (tour with a historian) and the Fine Arts Museum. Cyclo trip in the Old Quarter. Water Puppet performance. (2 nts, 2B, 1L, 1D)
Mar. 21 & 22 - HALONG BAY: Two nights on the Bay on a boat for our group only. Special excursions by small boat and kayak; visit a floating village. (2 nts, 2B, 2L, 2D)
Mar. 23 - HANOI: Afternoon on your own in Hanoi. Farewell Dinner (1nt, 1B, 1D)
Mar. 24 - DEPART (B)
Starting Siem Reap, ending in Hanoi:
- CA$ 6,700
- Single supplement:CA$ 2,360
All quoted prices effective at time of publication (May 29, 2012). While not expected, itinerary and prices are subject to change.