Date: May 28 - June 6, 2013
Host: Brian Keating
Cost: Starting from CA$4,885
- Selected a National Geographic Tour of a Lifetime - "50 of the World's Best Trips" 2007.
- Join a crew of experienced sailors and naturalists with extensive knowledge of Haida Gwaii.
- Only a select group of companies and guides are permitted to bring visitors to Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve
- Haida Gwaii (formerly the Queen Charlotte Islands) are one of the richest biological and cultural areas in North America
- Discover Canada's Galapagos
- Cruise this remote archipelago on the 68' Island Roamer in the wilderness of the Gsaii Haanas National Park Reserve
- See the famous Totem Poles and learn about Haida Culture at SGang Gwaay World Heritage Site
- Watch for whales in Hecate Strait
- Visit Hotsprings Island
The itinerary is deliberately flexible to take advantage of wildlife sightings, weather and tides, and the interests of the group.
May 28: Overnight at the Sandspit Inn (dinner on your own)
May 29: Visit the Haida Heritage Centre, enjoy a traditional Haida lunch. Board the Island Roamer (B, L, D)
May 30 thru June 5: Explore the eastern and southern shores of Moresby Island. Watch wildlife, go on shore excursions. (B, L, D daily)
June 6: Disembark and transfer to the airport. (B)
Starting/ending in Sandspit BC:
CA$ 4,885 + 12%HST
All quoted prices effective at time of publication (May 29, 2012). While not expected, itinerary and prices are subject to change.