Conservation & Community Support
- Calgary Zoo Conservation - Creates awareness of the value of wildlife and the importance of conservation in people's lives.
- The Jane Goodall Institute - Promotes activities that ensure the well-being of chimpanzees, other primates and animal welfare activities in general.
- HYTES - "Helping Youth Through Educational Scholarships. A Canadian not-for-profit organization raising funds to provide scholarships in developing nations.
- D. Sheldrick Wildlife Trust - Wildlife nursery for the protection and preservation of Black Rhino and Elephant.
- LOHADA - LOHADA is a small, Tanzanian-led, non-governmental organization serving young children at risk of going to the streets and disadvantaged elderly people in Tanzania.
- The Tiger Information Center - Provides information to help preserve the five tiger subspecies.
- African Wildlife Foundation - Works to conserve Africa's wild animals and their habitats.
- Charles Darwin Research Station - Conducts and facilitates research in Ecuador's Galapagos Islands.
- UNESCO World Heritage List of Sites - Information about natural and cultural sites identified as being of "outstanding universal value".
Passports go interactive
PASSPORT Canada has now made the passport application virtual, making applying for passports easier. Applicants are now able to fill out the passport application online using an interactive form that prompts you to enter the right information in the right places. Applicants are still required to print off the form, sign it and either mail it to Passport Canada or submit it in person.
Click here to access the form.
Learn more about photographer Kyle Marquardt