- The Host
- The Experience
- The Ship
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Date: February 09 – 27, 2022 – Limited availability
Host: Brian Keating, Great Big Nature
Cost: Starting from US$20,770 per person
Watch for the magnificent wandering albatross (11ft. wingspan) soar around the ship. Photograph the massive floating icebergs and keep a watchful eye for animals resting on the ice. South Georgia Island is a breeding ground for over 100,000 pairs of king penguins. Adults return from the sea with a full belly of krill, to regurgitate to their chick. Wander along the beach and observe the elephant seals wallowing in the mud. It is here where we raise our glasses to pay our respects to famed explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton.
The Antarctic awaits, with its soaring peaks and staggering expanse. Explore the incredible remoteness and experience the rugged peninsula from a sea kayak. Undertake an exhilarating hike up a sparkling glacier or share an endearingly comical moment with an inquisitive Gentoo, chinstrap or Adélie penguin. In these ways and countless others, the Antarctic will amaze, surprise and delight.
- Visit Buenos Aires, Argentina’s capital and one of the most vibrant cities of South America
- World’s southernmost city, Ushuaia is a strikingly beautiful destination on the southern coastline of Tierra del Fuego Island
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- Antarctic Peninsula
- Crossing the Drake Passage
- Photograph massive icebergs
- Hosted by Brian Keating
Questions? Please contact Julie, our group leader at email@example.com.
© Images courtesy of Quark Expeditions
- Buenos Aires (3 nights)
- Ushuaia (1 night)
- South Georgia & Antarctic Cruise (14 nights)
For details on the ship, daily itinerary and more see our interactive itinerary here.
Interested in extending your stay? Contact Julie our group leader to arrange extensions before and after your Antarctic adventure.
Brian Keating has been leading groups on nature-based adventures for over three decades, exploring some of the best wildlife areas on the planet.
An international speaker, author of five award-winning children’s books, a weekly guest on CBC Radio, and former Adjunct Assistant Professor of Anthropology at the University of Calgary, Brian has also been a regular on the Discovery TV Channel, using his own wilderness adventure and wildlife films. He is also the co-producer of an exciting new series of programs: www.greatBIGnature.com.
Luxury and adventure in the city and on the sea:
- Palladio Hotel Buenos Aires MGallery, elegant rooms with modern decoration and luxury materials, comfortable suites with private balconies.
- Los Cauquenes Resort and Spa is the gateway to experiencing the world’s southernmost city, Ushuaia.
- World Explorer takes you to the ends of the earth in comfort and style.
The Expedition Team is comprised of seasoned veterans. Some have degrees in marine biology or political science. Others have trained as medics, biologists, park rangers, outdoor educators, and lawyers. They are adventure guides, wildlife experts, environmentalists, polar history experts, glaciologists, and conservationists. Expedition Leaders have worked extensively in Greenland, Canada, Alaska, Norway, Argentina, Antarctica, and the Arctic.
Sights & Sounds
See sights as diverse as Ushuaia, the world’s southernmost city, and an iceberg calving off an Antarctic glacier. From the hustle and bustle of one of South America’s most dynamic cities to the intense quiet of the Antarctic Peninsula. Watching the Tango in Buenos Aires and mere days later watch the mesmerizing dance of millions of King Penguins on South Georgia Island.
Flights from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia and back. The luxury expedition ship World Explorer crossing the Drake Passage and to Antarctica. Zodiacs to take you to land on the Antarctic Peninsula, South Georgia Island and more.
Click below to explore the ship.
World Explorer has been designed for superior comfort, with the beauty of Antarctica right at your doorstep: each cabin is a suite with a private balcony. This is one of the first expedition ships in the world to operate on low-emission, sustainable hybrid technology from Rolls-Royce.
Facilities include a glass-domed Observation Lounge, Explorer Lounge and Bar, dining room, auditorium, outdoor walking track, gym, sauna, the first-ever L’Occitane Sea Spa, heated outdoor pool and Polar Boutique.
- Hosted by Brian Keating, Naturalist and Antarctic Veteran
- 4 nights deluxe accommodations in Buenos Aires & Ushuaia
- Tango performance with dinner
- 2 city tours from the insider’s view
- 1 dinner in Ushuaia
- Flight Buenos Aires to Ushuaia
- Transportation in Buenos Aires & Ushuaia
Antarctica Expedition on the World Explorer:
- 14 nights on the World Explorer Ship
- All meals, plus tea/coffee/juice around the clock
- Wine or beer during evening meals
- All zodiac excursions & landings with expedition leaders
- Expedition gear: Parka (to keep) & waterproof boots (on loan)
- Onboard ship credit for US$250 per person
- Services of Civilized Adventures
- Complete pre-departure information and meeting (held in Calgary 1 month before departure)
- International Flights
- Internal flight from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires (should be added to your international ticket)
- Travel Insurance for Trip Cancellation / Interruption and Medical insurance (mandatory)
- Sea Kayaking (optional – US$995 per person)
- Gratuities ~ A Tipping Kitty will be collected at the Pre Departure Meeting
- All items of a personal nature
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control
- From US$2,075 per person, based on double occupancy.
Antarctica Expedition on the World Explorer:
- From US$18,695 per person, based on double occupancy in Veranda Suite.
- Other cabins available, ask us for more details!
Civilized Adventures Bonus $250 USD shipboard credit per person.
Sound Interesting? Call us, we have lots of fabulous specials! Book early for the best deals.
All quoted prices and itinerary effective at time of publication (July 07, 2021). Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions.