- The Host
- The Experience
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Date: November 10 - 25, 2022 - only one room left! Host: Andrew De Angelis Cost: US$ 7,950 per person, twin sharing This South America trip was designed by Andrew De Angelis who has travelled to the Continent 20+ times. Andrew lived in Mendoza and he speaks Spanish perfectly. He is keen to introduce you to the Latin culture in depth. Experience the vibrant and colourful venues of Buenos Aires where ancient & modern architecture stand side by side. Be surprised by the genuine traditions in Uruguay and its gentle coastline, create your own wine blend in Mendoza, enjoy the natural scenery of Iguassu Falls and fall in love with Rio.
- Prepare and eat authentic food under the tutelage of local hosts
- Private touring: historical sites, boutique wine tasting, and vibrant street-life
- Dining galore – “Asados” (Argentinian style BBQ), authentic empanadas, street food, wineries, picnic on the beach and a lot of local drinks included
- Daily walking tours exploring cities, villages, and natural beauty
- Buenos Aires (3 nights)
- Colonia del Sacramento (2 nights)
- José Ignacio (2 nights)
- Mendoza (3 nights)
- Iguazu Falls (2 nights)
- Rio de Janeiro (3 nights)
For details on accommodation, daily activities and more see our interactive itinerary here.
Not sure that 15 nights in South America is enough? Contact Andrew to arrange pre & post tour in Argentina/Brazil or elsewhere in South America.
Andrew has travelled to over 50 countries, visiting exotic locales such as the polar regions, and multiple safaris in Africa – He has also guided trips through Norway, Tibet, Morocco, Jordan, India, and Japan. What Andrew really loves and knows best is South America! He has led various tours and has been in this part of the world more than 20 times. He fluently speaks Spanish and is very much attached to the Latin culture. You will love travelling with him learning some words and local aspects you would have probably missed otherwise. His wife is from Mendoza, a place where he lived an entire year promoting local wine and adventure tours. Andrew and his enthusiasm for life will empower and make every day special. Secure your spot before it’s too late. This is a magnificent opportunity to travel with a small group, drinking delicious wine and eating fantastic food along the way.
Your AccommodationWe have hand selected these intimate hotels and resorts for their locations, views, hospitality, and ambience. Located in the heart of Palermo, Legato Mitico is a small and elegant house/hotel offering charm and ambience. Charco hotel in Colonia is a rustic, but comfortable ancient house converted into a small boutique hotel. We will have this place for our exclusive use. The Vik Bahia beach hotel will surprise you with its sophisticated architecture and spectacular ocean views. Lares De Chacras, located in Chacras de Coria (Mendoza) is a very private and intimate villa not far from world-famous wineries. Belmond Cataratas is the only hotel located inside Iguassu National park boasting incredible views of the Falls and offers privileged access to the park mornings before opening. Belmond Copacabana Palace is an iconic hotel in Rio, offering amazing views of Copacabana beach, a fantastic pool, very elegant Ocean view rooms and 5-star service.
Expert GuidesAndrew along with the local guides will proudly show you their favourite places in Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil.
Sights & SoundsDiscover the hidden corners of Buenos Aries and the coastal areas of Uruguay. Andrew has lived in Mendoza and will take you to his favorite wine cellars where we will create and of course drink our own wine blend. Experience the majestic Iguazu Waterfalls National Park and its impressive flora and fauna. The adventure ends in Rio, where you will learn about Samba dance and Rio Carnival.
Getting AroundPrivate air-conditioned coach and domestic flights. Average walking distance during the guided tours 3-5 km.
- Accommodations as listed in good room categories
- Daily Breakfasts / 8 Lunches / 6 Dinners
- Mate tasting session in Uruguay
- Cooking Class & Wine tasting in Mendoza, Argentina
- Wine Blending Session in Mendoza, Argentina (Special bottle of your customized blend to take home)
- Tour escort through·out to help you with the logistics
- Tours and adventures as listed on private vehicle and private guide
- Hosted by Andrew De Angelis, Civilized Adventures
- Complete pre-departure information and meeting (held in Calgary 1 month before departure)
- Hosted by Andrew De Angelis, Civilized Adventures (w/ min 14 guests)
- International and domestic Flights
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Gratuities to local staff
- Any meals not listed + beverages
- Optional activities
- Items of a personal nature (ex. laundry)
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
CostStarting in Buenos Aires (Argentina) & Ending in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil):
- US$ 7,950 per person, twin share
- US$ 500 Domestic flights
- US$ 2,800 Single supplement