Date: June – October Daily Departures
Travel Style: Set Departure
Experience the profound beauty of the Broughton Archipelago and the Great Bear Rainforest at Farewell Harbour Lodge. Inspiring west coast style ocean-side accommodations, sumptuous meals and passionate guides who will lead you on daily adventures deep into the heart of this wild.
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Date: June - October Daily Departures
Host: Locally Guided
Cost: Varies by experience, starting from CA$3,670 per person (plus tax)
Enjoy this exciting 4-day program departing daily from Alder Bay on northern Vancouver Island to Farewell Harbour and into the heart of the rainforest featuring full day wildlife excursions in search of marine mammals, bears and other wildlife. You can as well opt for 5, 6 or 7-day programs with additional days spent marine mammal viewing, on bear safaris, sea kayaking, First Nations cultural site visits or a host of other options.
Farewell Harbour Lodge is located in a magical place blessed with some of nature’s most charismatic wildlife, where wild Orcas skip over the blue Pacific waves, where mighty Grizzlies forage in lush coastal estuaries and where the towering evergreen forest seems endless. And let’s not forget the wild Salmon upon whose foundation all this richness rests.
- Head out onto the water for a marine mammal viewing excursion in the protected waters of Johnstone Strait and Blackfish Sound
- Join a bear viewing adventure to one of the main grizzly viewing estuaries
- Experience a guided interpretive rainforest walk or sea kayaking in crystalline waters
- First Nations cultural site visits
- Expert guides
© Images courtesy of Farewell Harbour Lodge
Important note: The below is a sample itinerary for a 3-night program. The actual itinerary may vary based on your interests, weather and wildlife activity. The 4, 5 and 6-night programs offer additional days spent marine mammal viewing, on bear safaris, sea kayaking, First Nations Kwakwaka’wakw cultural site visits or a host of other options.
- Round trip water taxi from Alder Bay to Farewell Harbour Lodge and complimentary round trip ground shuttle from Port Hardy Airport or hotels
to Alder Bay if required
- Accommodation for 3 nights at Farewell Harbour Lodge
- Meals: full board starting with lunch on Day 1 and ending with lunch on day of departure, including wine with dinner, non-alcoholic beverages, and snacks
- Welcome briefing and orientation to the tours, viewing opportunities and facilities
- All transportation on all wildlife excursions
- Marine tour excursion on arrival day, one full day excursion to one of the grizzly viewing areas, one full day on marine tour excursion or an additional grizzly viewing excursion, short optional excursion on marine tour or sea kayaking, rainforest walk or forest bathing (Shinrin yoku) walk on departure day
- Evening guide presentations/slide shows
- All-weather gear, including life jackets, and rain-gear and rubber boots, if required
- Flights to & from Vancouver Island
- Travel & Personal accident insurance (strongly recommended)
- Alcoholic beverages (except wine with dinner)
- All items of a personal nature
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control
- Goods & Services Tax (GST)
For a taste of this exciting adventure, check out this video!
Starting/Ending Alder Bay (Northern Vancouver Island)
Price starting at CA$3,670 per person*, based on double occupancy for a 4-day program.
*5% GST extra
Other programs are available, please contact us for more information and pricing based on your dates and customizations.