Date: August 22 – September 2, 2021
Travel Style: Cruising
Join Denell Falk on this exciting itinerary to cruise around the remote islands of the Canadian High Arctic and navigate the same icy inlets, channels and bays that fascinated legendary explorers of long ago.
- The Ship
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Route
Date: August 22 – September 2, 2021
Host: Denell Falk, CEO of Civilized Adventures
Cost: See costing tab and call us for details!
Join Denell, CEO of Civilized Adventures, on this exciting itinerary to cruise around the remote islands of the Canadian High Arctic aboard Ultramarine, Quark’s newest ship. Designed to give polar adventurers unprecedented access to the hardest-to-reach places on the planet—and equipped with two onboard twin-engine helicopters for unparalleled access to areas only Quark Expeditions can bring you—this one-of-a-kind ship, in its inaugural year, will take you beyond the familiar in polar exploration. Throughout your journey, your Expedition Team will keep an eye toward immersing you in the best the Arctic has to offer, including reaching Canada’s most northerly islands: Axel Heiberg Island and the rarely visited Ellesmere Island, at the top of the world.
You’ll be able to view the magnificent wildlife that make their home in this forbidding region: sea mammals, polar bears, muskox, and possibly even the elusive arctic wolf. From soaring cliffs to mummified forests, spectacular glacial formations to stunning alpine vistas, expansive waterways to sheltered shores, Canada’s Remote Arctic provides the definitive experience of a mysterious, magical region few ever get to see.
- Follow the footsteps of polar explorers and experience highlights of the Canadian Arctic
- Search for iconic Arctic wildlife such as polar bears and muskox
- Enjoy flightseeing and heli landings with Ultramarine’s two onboard helicopters
- Cruise in a Zodiac to get up close to glaciers, fjords, icebergs and more
- Learn about the environment and wildlife from our onboard polar experts
Questions? Please contact Julie, one of the Civilized Adventures’ Custom Travel Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Images courtesy of Quark Expeditions
For details on the ship, daily itinerary and more see our interactive itinerary here.
Important note: When traveling in extremely remote regions, your expedition staff must allow the sea, the ice and the weather to guide route and itinerary details. This itinerary is a tentative outline of what you’ll experience on this voyage; please be aware that no specific itinerary can be guaranteed.
Click below to explore the ship.
The newest ship in Quark’s fleet, Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer.
Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards.
With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience.
- 9 nights on the Ultramarine Expedition Ship
- Leadership throughout your voyage by an experienced Expedition Leaders
- All shore landings & zodiac excursions as per the daily program
- 1 flightseeing excursion (subject to weather conditions)
- 1 heli-landing to a pre-selected Arctic destination (subject to weather conditions)
- Formal and informal presentations by Quark Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board
- Beer and wine during dinner (and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock)
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for landings and Zodiac cruising excursions
- An official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Hosted by Denell Falk, Civilized Adventures
MANDATORY TRANSFER PACKAGE PRICE : Extra $1,995 USD per person
- Flights to/from Toronto
- Travel & Personal accident insurance (strongly recommended)
- Mandatory medical evacuation insurance
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Sea Kayaking (optional – US$695) / Paddling Excursion (optional – US$195)
- Gratuities ~ A Tipping Kitty will be collected at the Pre Departure Meeting
- All items of a personal nature
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control
Starting/Ending in Toronto:
Price starting at US$12,995 per person, based on double occupancy (Explorer Suite).
Our recommended category on this ship is Balcony Suite, starting from US$14,495 per person. Other cabins available, ask us for more details!
Civilized Adventures Extra $250 USD shipboard credit per person.
20% Booking Bonus Discount offered & additional 10% Discount if paid in full by March 31, 2021.
Past Quark Travellers are eligible for extra Discount!
Sound Interesting? Call us, we have lots of fabulous specials! Book early for the best deals.
MANDATORY TRANSFER PACKAGE PRICE: Extra $1,995 USD per person*
* TRANSFER PACKAGE INCLUDES :
- One night’s pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Toronto
- Group transfer from the Toronto hotel to the airport on Day 2
- Charter ﬂights between Toronto and Resolute
- Group transfers between the Resolute airport and the ship
- Group transfer from Toronto airport to the hotel on disembarkation day
- One night’s post-expedition hotel accommodation in Toronto
All quoted prices effective at time of publication (Feb. 20, 2020). Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions; prices are subject to change.