Departures: Pick your dates (9 Nights)
Host: Local expert guides
Cost: Varies, ask us!
Trip Type: Top Pick
This tour will showcase the history, culture and life that this up and coming country has to offer. Imagine a cobble-stoned downtown, complimented by 300 year-old houses and quaint coffee shops… although this may not immediately come to mind when you think of Bogota, like all of Colombia, it will surprise you with its charm.
Northeast of Bogota, you will find the town of La Villa Leyva. Nearly untouched for over 400 years, it has maintained its history, culture, and many of its 16th century buildings. In Medellin, take in some night life or enjoy a bouquet of fresh cut flowers. In the foothills of the Andes, visit the heart of coffee production and admire the engrossing peaks all around you. End off in Cartagena, among its centuries-old colonial stone walls and maze of alleyways and massive churches.
- Paloquemao’s Market & Gold Museum
- Zipaquirá’s Salt Cathedral
- Hands on coffee and culinary tours
- Quindío’s Botanical & Butterfly garden with 1500 butterfly and 500 plant species
- Wall paintings in Sutatausamade church from the XVII century
- Witness the traditional processes of clay pottery production
- Monasterio La Candelaria, the first convent built in Latin America (1604)
- Learn about the grim history of drug trafficking and Pablo Escobar (until 1994)
- Taste the local regional liquor in typical “fondas”
- Bogota (2 nights)
- Villa de Leyva (1 night)
- Medellin (2 nights)
- Pereira (2 Nights)
- Cartagena (2 Nights)
See the detailed itinerary here and contact us if you'd like more information or to book. For a downloadable pdf to share with friends or family who are interested in joining you on this adventure, click here.
The price of this trip will vary based on the group size, time of year and level of experience you are looking for. We have a variety of options available and can tailor this trip to your needs. Please contact us for more information.
Not sure that 9 days is enough? Contact one of our experienced Adventure Travel Specialists to arrange extensions such as the colonial town of Barichara, in San Tander or take to the deserts in La Guajira region.