- The Ship
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Route
Date: Feb 6 – 13, 2021
Host: Locally guided aboard Wind Star
Cost: Civilized Adventures Special Offer – See costing tab and call us for details!
Trip Type: Cruising – Yacht to
Come find the natural and man-made wonders combined on this exotic Costa Rican and Panama Canal cruise full of bucket list places and activities. Learn about the area from a local Naturalist on board, then take a Zodiac ashore and find rare experiences for yourself. Hike through Manuel Antonio National Park in search of its lovely beaches and abundant animal life. Soar high above the Quepos jungle floor as you zipline searching for such wildlife residents as monkeys, sloths, and toucans, then explore Golfo Dulce with some of the most intense rainforest landscapes in the world. Take a daylight transit through the massive Panama Canal, one of the world’s most stunning feats of engineering on a ship that lets you see it all.
- Only 148 guests with personalized service and a staff to guest of nearly 1:1.5 (101 crew)
- Learn insights from presentations given by Eddie Roblero or Diego Vasquez, our Costa Rican Naturalists who will be on board the entire cruise
- Explore the beaches and wildlife of Manuel Antonio National Park
- Find the coastline beauty of Golfo Dulce’s rainforest flora and fauna
- Plentiful marine life surrounding Isla Parida
- Appreciate this engineering feat with daylight transit of the Panama Canal
- Discover the remote and pristine coastlines of Panama and Costa Rica
- Savor the delicious spread of Windstar’s Signature Onboard Barbecue to tantalize your taste buds
Consider spending a few extra days in Panama or Costa Rica before or after your cruise. Please contact us, about possible extension options.
Wind Star is a sleek, 4-masted sailing ship accommodating 148 guests. With four decks and a gross tonnage of 5,307, Wind Star feels like your own private small ship.
Wind Star features wide open, teak decks – quite unusual for small ships. You will find hidden nooks for private moments giving you a feeling of being on their own private veranda.
All staterooms have ocean views (as sailing vessel, balcony are not offered), queen beds, flat-screen TV with DVD player, and Bose SoundDock speakers for Apple iPods
Wind Star offers two primary dining venues. Amphora restaurant offers gourmet, course-by-course cuisine in the evenings and Veranda restaurant offers casual buffet and full-service dining for breakfast and lunch. All dining is open seating. And, for dining under the stars, make a reservation for Candles which features steaks and skewers.
Wind Star amenities include: WindSpa, Watersports Platform, Lounge, Library, Pool, and Hot Tub.
- Accommodations for 7 nights onboard the Wind Star
- All meals in all venues at all times, including room service menu available 24 hours
- All non-alcoholic beverages, including cappuccino, espresso, and other specialty non-alcoholic drinks
- Welcome cocktails at reception
- All onboard entertainment
- Unlimited use of Fitness Center
- Unlimited use water sports equipment
- Informative nightly port talks and destination briefings
- International flights to Colón / home from Puerto Caldera
- Travel & Personal accident insurance (strongly recommended)
- Port, security, and handling fees of US$459 per person (additional charges)
- Shore activities (chargeable)
- Onboard gratuities for room stewards and dining staff
- All items of a personal nature including spa
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control
Starting in Colón, Panama /Ending in Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica:
Civilized Adventures Special Offer – Price starting from US$1,623* per person :
- Twin share in Category B (entry level cabin)
- Please inquire if interested in Single Supplement
Our recommended category on this ship is the Category AX Deluxe (best cabin placement), starting from US$2,003* per person. Other cabins available, ask us for more details!
* Port taxes of US$459 per person are additional.
All quoted prices effective at time of publication (June 26, 2020). A deposit of 15% reserves your space. Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions; prices are subject to change.