- The Ship
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Route
Date: February 5 – 12, 2022
Host: Locally guided aboard Star Legend
Cost: Civilized Adventures Special Offer – See costing tab and call us for details!
Learn about the area from a local Naturalist on board, then take a Zodiac ashore and find rare experiences for yourself. Hike through Manuel Antonio National Park in search of its lovely beaches and abundant animal life. Soar high above the Quepos jungle floor as you zipline searching for such wildlife residents as monkeys, sloths, and toucans, then explore Golfo Dulce with some of the most intense rainforest landscapes in the world. Take a daylight transit through the massive Panama Canal, one of the world’s most stunning feats of engineering on a ship that lets you see it all.
- Newly renovated all-suite ship
- Learn insights from presentations given by Eddie Roblero or Diego Vasquez, our Costa Rican Naturalists who will be on board the entire cruise
- Explore the beaches and wildlife of Manuel Antonio National Park
- Find the coastline beauty of Golfo Dulce’s rainforest flora and fauna
- Plentiful marine life surrounding Isla Parida
- Appreciate this engineering feat with daylight transit of the Panama Canal
- Discover the remote and pristine coastlines of Panama and Costa Rica
- Savor the delicious spread of Windstar’s Signature Onboard Barbecue to tantalize your taste buds
Questions? Please contact one of the Civilized Adventures’ Custom Travel Advisors at email@example.com
© Images courtesy of Windstar Cruises
[su_spoiler title="Day 1: Colón, Panama" open="no" style="default" icon="plus" anchor="" class=""]
Explore the inner workings of the Panama Canal, head into the jungle to meet with Embera Indians, or take an aerial tram ride through the rainforest canopy. [/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title="Day 2: Panama Canal, Panama" open="no" style="default" icon="plus" anchor="" class=""]
At nearly 48 miles long, on your transit through the Panama Canal you will enter three sets of locks that raise and lower the vessel 85 feet between the calm Pacific Ocean and the shimmering waters of the Atlantic. Your voyage features a daylight hours transit with numerous observation vantage points for outside viewing and comfortable indoor air-conditioned lounges. Expert onboard commentary enhances your journey as you watch the day to day workings of this bucket list experience. [/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title="Day 3: Balboa/Fuerte Amador, Panama" open="no" style="default" icon="plus" anchor="" class=""]
One of the entrances to the Panama Canal on the Pacific side, Balboa/Fuerte Amador was founded in 1519 and is a short distance from Panama City. In 2012 Balboa was ranked #1 in Latin America in the category of world's busiest container ports. Sightseeing highlights include the colonial homes, the Administration Building, the Goethals Memorial, the Prado, and the local handicraft markets of traditional Panamanian crafts. [/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title="Day 4: At sea" open="no" style="default" icon="plus" anchor="" class=""]
Today will be at sea, which affords you plenty of time to relax and enjoy the amenities and entertainment onboard Star Legend. [/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title="Day 5: Isla Parida, Panama" open="no" style="default" icon="plus" anchor="" class=""]
Located within a Nature Preserve of 50 islands, and part of Chiriqui Marine National Park lovely Isla Parida boasts magnificent beaches, one of which is over 1,300 feet long. The crystal clear waters stay at 82 degrees year round and are filled with marine life. There are numerous hardwood trees like teak, mahogany, and eucalyptus, and fruit trees like mango, banana and coconut trees. Here you will be treated to Windstar's Signature Beach Party on a secluded beach that faces the Pacific Ocean. [/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title="Day 6: Puerto Jiménez (Golfo Dulce), Costa Rica" open="no" style="default" icon="plus" anchor="" class=""]
Picture Jurassic foliage growing down steep hillsides all the way to the waterline, the hoots of monkeys echoing through trees choked by orchids. Golfo Dulce is one of Costa Rica’s most biodiverse areas, where both the jungle and the sea brim with life. Explore the canals by kayak in search of javelinas, butterflies, and more bird species than in all of North America. This port is accessed with a wet landing. [/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title="Day 7: Quepos, Costa Rica" open="no" style="default" icon="plus" anchor="" class=""]
The former banana-exporting town of Quepos is your basecamp for a day of rainforest adventure. Take a walk along trails that weave up to waterfalls, or ride horseback to a beautiful jungle pool. A float trip through a mangrove swamp populated by monkeys, crocodiles, egrets, and herons is also available. Or you may choose a nature walk through Manuel Antonio National Park, with its lovely beaches, easy trails, and abundant animal life. [/su_spoiler]
[su_spoiler title="Day 8: Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica" open="no" style="default" icon="plus" anchor="" class=""]
Located on the Gulf of Nicoya, the small town of Puerto Caldera is one of Costa Rica’s top attractions, perfect for travelers who like more off the beaten path destinations where the native Tico lifestyle can be experienced. It is the gateway to San Jose, Jaco and the big city of Puntarenas, plus Los Suenos and Tortuga Island. Carara National Park is nearby, the rainforest home to crocodiles, over 400 species of birds and is considered the most likely place to see scarlet macaws. [/su_spoiler]
Consider spending a few extra days in Panama or Costa Rica before or after your cruise. Please contact us, about possible extension options.
Starting March 2021, this all-suite ship will complete renovation as part of the $250 Million Star Plus Initiative to provide more of what our guests love. New public areas, including two new dining venues, a new spa, elevated pool, and fitness area. The ship also boasts all new bathrooms in every suite and a new category of Star Suites, featuring a new layout.
Carrying only 312 guests, Star Legend still tucks into narrow waterways like the Panama Canal.
- Accommodations for 7 nights onboard the Star Legend
- All meals in all venues at all times, including room service menu available 24 hours
- All non-alcoholic beverages, including cappuccino, espresso, and other specialty non-alcoholic drinks
- Welcome cocktails at reception
- All onboard entertainment
- Unlimited use of Fitness Center
- Unlimited use water sports equipment
- Informative nightly port talks and destination briefings
- International flights to Colón / home from Puerto Caldera
- Travel & Personal accident insurance (strongly recommended)
- Port, security, and handling fees of US$325 per person (additional charges)
- Shore activities (chargeable)
- Onboard gratuities for room stewards and dining staff
- All items of a personal nature including spa
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control
Starting in Colón, Panama /Ending in Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica:
Civilized Adventures Special Offer – Price starting from US$2,692* per person :
- Twin share in Category Star Porthole Suite (entry level cabin)
- Please inquire if interested in Single Supplement
Our recommended category on this ship is Balcony Suite (best cabin placement), starting from US$3,690* per person. Other cabins available, ask us for more details!
Civilized Adventures Bonus US$100 shipboard credit per person.
Sound Interesting? Call us, we have lots of fabulous specials! Book early for the best deals.
* Port taxes of US$325 per person are additional.
All quoted prices effective at time of publication (March 10, 2021). A deposit of 15% reserves your space. Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions; prices are subject to change.