Date: January 15 – 30, 2022
Travel Style: Hosted Small Group
SOLD OUT – Ask us to join the waitlist
Travel with Brian Keating on this incredible journey from the lush Amazon rainforest to the astonishing wildlife of the Galapagos Islands.
- The Host
- The Experience
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Date: January 15 - 30, 2022
Host: Brian Keating, Great Big Nature
Cost: Starting from US$13,315 per person
SOLD OUT - Ask us to join the waitlist
Walk the vibrant streets of historic Quito, where indigenous and European traditions meet in the architecture and pulse of daily life and explore the beautiful Ecuadorian Amazon, staying in an eco-lodge.
Imagine sailing on a luxury yacht through islands of volcanic rock, with white sand beaches and sapphire blue waters. Picture a place isolated for so long, that the wildlife has evolved without fear of humans. A place akin to a natural history museum but with living, breathing exhibits so close that you do not need a telephoto lens to capture them in their natural habitat. Your days in Galapagos will be filled with activities guided by Brian Keating and local expert naturalists with a passion for the preservation of the unique ecology of this otherworldly archipelago. Snorkel with colourful tropical fish and always keep a watchful eye for sea turtles, penguins, sea lions, dolphins, and whales.
- Small group (max 14 guests) and first-class starting with your accommodation to Ecuadorian cuisine to your expert guides.
- Get ready to laugh with the ever-enthusiastic trip host Brian Keating, guiding you through one of his favourite countries.
- Stay in one-of-a-kind accommodations. From an award winning boutique hotel in Quito, Amazon jungle suites to luxury yacht cabins in the Galapagos.
- Bird lovers will be in heaven from the many species to be found in the Jungle, not to mention a snorkelers’ paradise awaits in you in the Pacific Ocean surrounding the Galapagos islands.
Questions? Please contact Julie, our group leader at email@example.com.
- Quito (2 nights)
- Ecuadorian Amazon (4 nights)
- Quito (1 night)
- Galapagos Islands Cruise (7 nights)
- Quito (1 night)
For details on accommodation, daily activities and more see our interactive itinerary here
Not sure that you’ll be ready to leave this incredible area? Contact Julie our group leader to extend to Mashpi Cloud Forest, the Andes or Machu Picchu.
Brian Keating has been leading groups on nature-based adventures for over three decades, exploring some of the best wildlife areas on the Planet.
An international speaker, author of five award-winning children’s books, a weekly guest on CBC Radio, and former Adjunct Assistant Professor of Anthropology at the University of Calgary, Brian has also been a regular on the Discovery TV Channel, using his own wilderness adventure and wildlife films. He is also the co-producer of an exciting new series of programs: www.greatBIGnature.com.
We have carefully chosen your land accommodation with the importance of keeping this trip intimate & private. Your Quito hotel has only 10 suites and the jungle lodge has 20 rooms. We picked a luxury catamaran that offers a private balcony for each cabin, and more importantly, it is exclusive to our group.
Brian Keating has travelled extensively throughout this country; he has also developed great relationships with guides over the years. We have handpicked one of those expert guides to be with the group for your 7-night Galapagos experience exploring the rocky islands with iguanas basking in the sun, to daily snorkeling adventures ending the day with fresh and delicious cuisine.
Sights & Sounds
Be immersed in the warm and colourful culture of Quito, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Exquisite architecture, vibrant fabrics, indigenous craftsmen, known as the jumping off point to the Galapagos islands, it is a destination all its own.
Walk across a bridge suspended over the rainforest canopy, Paddle through creeks in search of monkeys and river otters. Climb to the very top of a giant kapok tree or swim in a black-water lake. Thread your way through trees in search of the world’s tiniest monkey… You will find these exclusive experiences, plus many more, at Sacha Lodge, within its pristine 5,000-acre ecological reserve in the Ecuadorian Amazon.
The Galapagos Islands wildlife is famous as the inspiration for Charles Darwin's ground-breaking Theory of Natural Selection. You will have opportunities to snorkel, kayak, paddleboard and hike around these unique sea and land creatures.
Fly from Quito to the Amazon and San Cristobal, sail Galapagos on your exclusive luxury yacht, enjoying the stability of the twin-hulled catamaran.
- 8 days in GALAPAGOS on our exclusive chartered yacht m/v Ocean Spray
- 2 nights at an exclusive boutique hotel in Quito
- 4 nights at Sacha Jungle Lodge
- 2 nights at Airport hotel in Quito
- Daily Breakfasts, 12 lunches & 13 dinners
- Local naturalist guides in Amazon and Galapagos
- Activities at Sacha - Canoe, hike, canopy viewing platforms
- Activities in Galapagos- zodiac explorations, shore excursions, kayak, snorkeling, swimming, hiking, beachcombing, nature walks
- Domestic flights to Coco and Galapagos
- Park fees Galapagos & Amazon
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and meeting (held in Calgary 1 month prior to departure)
- Hosted by Brian Keating, Going Wild (w/min 14 guests)
- International flights
- Travel & Personal accident insurance (strongly recommended)
- Gratuities ~ A Tipping Kitty will be collected at the Pre Departure Meeting (estimate US$ 350 per person)
- Soft drinks & alcoholic beverages throughout the trip
- All items of a personal nature
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control
Starting & Ending in Quito:
- US$13,315 per person, twin share
- Optional room upgrade: US$ 425 per person for 6 nights - Sacha Lodge & Ilala - limited availability
All quoted prices and itinerary effective at time of publication (April 26, 2021). Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions. A 2% cheque discount will apply. All payments are non-refundable once received. Please consider insurance.