- Trip Route
Date: You pick!
Host: Locally Guided
Cost: Varies by experience, ask us!
- 2 nights in Tallinn, 2 nights Lahemma National Park, 4 nights in St. Petersburg & 4 nights Moscow at 4 & 5-star luxury hotels
- Fun and unusual activities include nature walks, easy cycling, and walking tours
- Diverse dining experiences throughout, including a medieval feast, dinner with a local family, a dinner cruise, and fine dining in Moscow
- Privileged access at Peterhof (Peter the Great’s Palace) and the Tretyakov Gallery prior to official opening hours – AVOIDING THE CROWDS!
- TIme for own explorations in Tallinn, St. Petersburg and Moscow.
- Immerse yourself in Baltic culture with walking tours, special meals, easy cycling, Viking longship adventure plus a lot more
- Discover special UNESCO World Heritage Sites like the medieval Old Town of Tallinn, historic St. Petersburg, and Moscow’s Kremlin and Red Square
- Take in Lahemaa, Europes largest National Park
- Visit two of the worlds greatest galleries: the magnificent Hermitage, and the Tretyakov Gallery
- Star City – A day at the cosmonaut training center plus dinner with a cosmonaut! Sample “space food”
- Lunch at the Russian Vodka Room where there are over 200 kinds of vodkas!
Day 1 & 2 - Arrive Tallinn: - Arrive in Tallinn and transfer to your charming, 5 star hotel located in Tallinn's medieval "Old Town". The hotel is a "Small Luxury Hotel of the World". This evening, we'll explore the port waters of Tallinn aboard a private yacht. Visit the largest pre-war steam powered ice breaker and UK submarine built in 1936. Our second day will include a walking tour of Old Town. Experience a local style lunch and for dinner take part in medieval feast!
Day 3 & 4- Lahemaa National Park: Today we will visit Europe's largest national park with a hike through to the Viru bog to see the unique flora of this region. After lunch, explore the town and take the opportunity to row a replica Viking boat! On the 20th we will part take in a unique Estonian wine tasting and after an ancient fishing village to have lunch in a tavern. From the tavern, we will cycle back to the Monor taking in the true countryside.
Day 5 - St. Petersburg: Once in St. Petersburg, we will have some free time to explore the city to visit some nearby attractions or take some time to rest and relax. In the afternoon we will drive into the countryside to a "Dacha" which is a typical country home. This is a real home of a real couple that will host us for an authentic Russian dinner. Try traditional starters, soup, chicken... and Vodka!
Day 6 - 8 - St. Petersburg: These next few days include a careful balance between touring and free time. Some of the tours over the next few days include the Hermitage Museum, Russian Vodka Room for lunch, Catherine Palace, and an early entry to Peterhof - the summer estate of Peter the Great. After we will finish with a boat trip through St. Petersburg's special canals and river channels.
Day 9 & 10 - Moscow: Today we will take a mid-day high-speed train to Moscow. Transfer to our 18th-century mansion hotel which is short distance from Red Square, the Kremlin and the Boshoi Theatre. Over the next few days we will explore the Kremlin and the legendary Armory Chamber which guards the treasure of Russian Tsars. We will go below Moscow, to a once top-secret bunker built in case of nuclear attack! Explore the maze of tunnels and rooms before having the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 11 & 12 - Moscow: Today we will have privileged entry to the famous Tretyakov Gallery before stopping for lunch at one of our favourite local restaurants. On our last day with the group, we will experience and learn about the Russian space program with a visit to Star City. Here we will learn about how the Cosmonauts lived and trained since the 1960s. Learn how food was prepared and rationed for a space voyage. Even sample "space food".Tonight we will have our Farewell Dinner at one of Moscow's famous and stylish restaurants joined by a Cosmonaut who will answer many questions you may have.
Day 13 - Farewell to Moscow: You'll be transferred to the airport for your homeward or onward bound flights. If you wish to extend your European holiday, please talk to us: we'd love to help you!