Departure: One set departure per month (10 nights)
Host: Local guides
This itinerary gets travelers “off the beaten path” with an opportunity to learn about and interact with some of Ethiopia’s most unique cultural groups. The itinerary covers many of the tribes in the Omo valley, visits their villages, and meet the weekly markets at Key Afer, Dimeka and Turmi.
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Departure: One set departure per month, see cost tab
Host: Local guides
Cost: Starting from US$3,051 per person
As the northern part of the country is notable for its historical relics, there are the Omotic tribes of the south who still adhere to ancient animistic rituals. Beaded leather skirts and complementing body painting, feathered headdresses and dramatic scarification make the Hamar, Bumi, Karo, and Bena people visually outstanding. Even more unusual are the isolated Mursi tribe whose women wear large clay lip plates symbolizing their worth and beauty.
This itinerary gets travelers “off the beaten path” with an opportunity to learn about and interact with some of Ethiopia’s most unique cultural groups. The itinerary covers many of the tribes in the Omo valley including the Hamer people (known for their bull jumping ceremony), Mursi people (known for their leap plates), Karo (known for their body paintings), Dassenech, Ari, Dorze, Tsemai, etc. In addition to the visit to their respective villages, the itinerary is also scheduled to meet the weekly markets at Key Afer, Dimeka and Turmi. This tour is ideal for photographers and culture lovers.
Questions? Please contact one of the Civilized Adventures’ Adventure Travel Specialists at email@example.com
Call us to create YOUR Custom Civilized Adventure!
This trip includes:
- Guide and ground transportation through-out the program
- All meals outside Addis and breakfast in Addis
- 10 nights accommodation
- All entrance fees as mentioned
- Boat hire on lake Chamo
Price does not include:
- International airfare and airport taxes
- All items of a personal nature
- Lunch and dinner in Addis
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. park fee increases, fuel surcharges, currency fluctuations)
For a great video on Brian Keating’s latest escapades in Ethiopia, take a look below :
- Jan 26-Feb 5, 2020 US$3,427 per person
- Feb 16-26, 2020 US$3,427 per person
- Mar 22-Apr 1, 2020 US$3,427 per person
- Apr 12-22, 2020 US$3,051 per person
- May 24-Jun 3, 2020 US$3,051 per person
- Jun 14-24, 2020 US$3,051 per person
- Jul 12-22, 2020 US$3,208 per person
- Aug 16-26, 2020 US$3,208 per person
- Sept 26-Oct 6, 2020 US$3,208 per person (Meskel Festival in Addis Ababa)
- Oct 15-25, 2020 US$3,336 per person
- Nov 1-11, 2020 US$3,336 per person
Accommodation and tours are subject to availability. Any prices we list are applicable at the time of posting (Updated August 15, 2019). Please contact us for more information.