Ethiopia – Omo Valley Cultural Safari
Date: Monthly departures
Travel Style: Set Departure
This itinerary gets travelers “off the beaten path” with an opportunity to learn about and interact with some of Ethiopia’s most unique cultural groups. The itinerary covers many of the tribes in the Omo valley, visits their villages, and meet the weekly markets at Key Afer, Dimeka and Turmi.
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Dates & Cost
Date: Monthly departures (join a small group or build your own departure)
Host: Local guides
Group size: Minimum 2/Maximum 10 participants
Cost: Starting from US$3,051 per person, sharing
As the northern part of the country is notable for its historical relics, there are the Omotic tribes of the south who still adhere to ancient animistic rituals. Beaded leather skirts and complementing body painting, feathered headdresses and dramatic scarification make the Hamar, Bumi, Karo, and Bena people visually outstanding. Even more unusual are the isolated Mursi tribe whose women wear large clay lip plates symbolizing their worth and beauty.
This itinerary gets travelers “off the beaten path” with an opportunity to learn about and interact with some of Ethiopia’s most unique cultural groups. The itinerary covers many of the tribes in the Omo valley including the Hamer people (known for their bull jumping ceremony), Mursi people (known for their leap plates), Karo (known for their body paintings), Dassenech, Ari, Dorze, Tsemai, etc. In addition to the visit to their respective villages, the itinerary is also scheduled to meet the weekly markets at Key Afer, Dimeka and Turmi. This tour is ideal for photographers and culture lovers.
Questions? Please contact one of the Civilized Adventures' Adventure Travel Specialists at email@example.com
Call us to create YOUR Custom Civilized Adventure!
- 10 nights accommodation on a twin room sharing basis
- English speaking guide and ground transportation through-out the program
- All meals outside Addis and breakfast in Addis
- All entrance fees as mentioned
- Boat hire on lake Chamo
- International airfare and airport taxes
- Visa fees
- Lunch and dinner in Addis
- Alcoholic beverages
- All items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. park fee increases, fuel surcharges, currency fluctuations)
For a great video on Brian Keating’s latest escapades in Ethiopia, take a look below :
Dates & Cost
- Jan 26-Feb 05, 2021 US$3,427 per person
- Feb 17-27, 2021 US$3,427 per person
- Mar 21-31 ,2021 US$3,427 per person
- Apr 11-21, 2021 US$3,051 per person
- May 23-Jun 02, 2021 US$3,051 per person
- Jun 13-23, 2021 US$3,051 per person
- Jul 11-Jul 21, 2021 US$3,208 per person
- Aug 15-25, 2021 US$3,208 per person
- Sep 26-Oct 06,2021 US$3,208 per person (Meskel Festival in Addis Ababa)
- Oct 17-27, 2021 US$3,336 per person
- Dec 03-12 ,2021 US$3,336 per person
If you're looking to travel on your own please contact us for single supplement pricing.
Prices are valid at time of publication (October 21, 2020) and while not expected, itinerary and prices are subject to change. Contact us for dates of availability and pricing based on your group size and departure.