Dates: Year round departures available
Travel Style: Set Departure
Special Interest Travel: Biking
An unforgettable bike tour that takes you through the charming highlands and coffee plantations of central Vietnam, before pedaling your way to the coast by picturesque fishing villages with friendly locals to the ancient trade town of Hoi An. Explore this region of Vietnam on cycle tour for a unique cultural and beautiful active adventure.
- The Ride
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Route
- Dates & Cost
Dates: Year round departures available (join a small group or build your own departure)
Host: Local guides
Group size: Minimum 2/Maximum 14 participants
Cost: From US$1,950 per person
Take in the majestic highland town of Dalat from your bike, see the misty pine forest and then descend to the coast where life in the fishing villages goes on as it has for generations. Ride the picturesque coastline all the way to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Hoi An and experience a side of Vietnam unknown to most travelers. All of this active fun is packed into a seven day cycling holiday with minimal time in the car.
A short flight takes us to Dalat where we check out the colonial-era architecture as well as more modern additions. After cycling through the temperate highlands, we descend to the subtropical environment of the coast, where we ride through the farming and fishing towns to Hoi An.
The Vietnamese coastline is made up of a picturesque variety of windy roads around headlands and sand dunes where colorful fishing boats bob at their moorings. Finish your ride in the world heritage listed town of Hoi An, full of historical significance, amazing food, and a lovely beach- the perfect reward for your active adventure.
Apart from a couple of days that are just a touch short of 100km, the riding is achievable for anyone who cycles regularly as a commuter or recreationally on weekends. Most of the roads are paved back roads with minimal traffic. We encounter only a couple of dirt roads and these are not hard riding at all. There are often sea breezes to keep the temperature down a little. There are a few other small hills, but we always return to sea level, so the up is a nice trade-off for the down.
- Explore the mystical town of Dalat by bike as you pedal past waterfalls and through the pine forest shrouded in mist.
- Visit local village industries such as mat weaving and rice paper making for a cultural experience.
- Pedal through small fishing villages filled with fresh fish markets and friendly locals before taking a boat to Hoi An.
- Enjoy the fresh flavors of Vietnamese cuisine along the way, including tasty fish straight from the sea.
Questions? Please contact one of the Civilized Adventures’ Adventure Travel Specialists at email@example.com
Call us to create YOUR Custom Civilized Adventure!
411 Km riding. This tour is rated ‘Moderate’ for difficulty. Apart from a couple of days that are just a touch short of 100km, the riding is achievable for anyone who rides regularly as a commuter or recreationally on the weekends. Most of the roads are paved back roads with minimal traffic. We encounter only a couple of dirt roads and these are not hard riding at all. There are often sea breezes to keep the temperature down a little. There are a few other small hills, but we always return to sea level, so the up is a nice trade-off for the down.
- An air-conditioned backup support vehicle
- Light weight, Cannondale CX3 bicycles
- Experienced English speaking guides
- Meals (as indicated in day-by-day)
- International Flights
- Visa fees
- All items of a personal nature
- Drinks and meals other than those specified
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. park fee increases, fuel surcharges, currency fluctuations)
Dates & Cost
- January 31 – February 06, 2021 – US$1,950 per person
- March 14 – 20, 2021 – US$1,950 per person
- April 11 – 17, 2021 – US$1,950 per person
- May 16 – 22, 2021 – US$1,950 per person
- July 18 – 24, 2021 – US$1,950 per person
- August 08 – 14, 2021 – US$1,950 per person
- October 24 – 30, 2021 – US$1,950 per person
- December 23 – 29, 2021 – US$2,242 per person
There is no surcharge for single travelers – we will match you with another same-sex single traveler. If you want a single room there is an optional upgrade that you can book, at additional cost.
Accommodation and tour are subject to availability. Please contact us for more information and pricing based on your dates and customizations.