Date: November 2022 (stay tuned for the dates)
Travel Style: Hosted Small Group
Travel with veteran photographer Brad Wrobleski and discover the beauty, history, and culture of Japan while enjoying the fall colors! You will hit all the best photography spots on this adventure, will be able to overnight in traditional accommodations and have amazing culinary experiences. ⠀
- The Host
- The Experience
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Date: November 2022 (stay tuned for the dates)
Host: Photographer, Brad Wrobleski
Cost: CA$ 11,900* per person, twin sharing
Join veteran photographer Brad Wrobleski on his 8th trip to Japan where he has discovered his love for all things Japanese – Culture, History, People, and Food! Brad has extensive knowledge about the art, architecture, film, history, and culinary experiences so this trip will give you an opportunity to immerse yourself into the beautiful Japanese culture.
The activities selected will deliver experiences which will enhance all sensitivities of your surroundings. Photography, cultural interaction, nature, solitary gardens, ancient temples, and the buzz of cosmopolitan cities, to the tranquility of spending a night in a Buddhist monastery. The pace of the trip will keep you well entertained, yet allows some time for your independent activities. Our guides are tops, always working to deliver that special experience just for you! Combining different modes of transportation maximizes time efficiency which simplifies your travel days. Accommodations are carefully selected for comfort, location, quality and value.
- Enjoy 'one-one-one' hands-on photography instruction plus individual and group critiques
- Sail around Tokyo Bay by sunset
- Take in the stunning view of Mt Fuji at sunrise and sunset
- Join in with a tea ceremony in a traditional Japanese teahouse in Kanazawa
- Discover the ancient marvels of Kyoto
- Spend the night at a traditional Mount Koya monastery, and rise early to witness the morning prayer ceremony with the resident monks
- Experience Osaka, the Japanese food capital
Questions? Please contact Julie, our group leader at email@example.com.
- Tokyo (4 nights)
- Fujikawaguchiko – [Mont Fuji Area] (1 night)
- Kanazawa (2 nights)
- Kyoto (3 nights)
- Koya San (1 night)
- Osaka (2 nights)
For details on accommodation, daily activities and more see our interactive itinerary here.
Interested in extending your stay? Contact Julie our group leader to arrange extensions before and after your stay.
Brad's work in magazine, stock and commercial photography has taken him to more than 55 countries on all continents. Brad's engaging and informative, sell-out classes and workshops have taught thousands how to become better photographers. Brad will bring to you a wealth of skills and knowledge. Brad’s clients include Men’s Journal, National Geographic, Patagonia – just to name a few! https://www.instagram.com/fotoscool_gram/
"I love Japan. Of the 65 plus countries I have been fortunate to have traveled to, Japan is my favourite. I love it because of the old temples and the zen gardens. I love the exquisite and unique food and all the little crackers stores and the sushi shops, the okonomiyaki restaurants and the ramen stops. I love the smells of Fall with the cedar and pine trees, and kanpyo roasting on the grill in Higachi- Koganei. I love the sunrise on Mount Fuji, and the colorful lights and energy of Ginza or Shinjuku at night. I love the vibrant bamboo gardens, deep history and the rituals and traditions of the ancient arts. I love the kindness and smiles of the Japanese. This will be my eighth trip to the Land of the Rising Sun. I invite you to join me! - Brad Wrobleski.
We have hand selected these intimate hotels, Ryokans, and temples for their locations, hospitality and local flavor.
Alongside Brad, our local guides have years of professional training and a deep passion for culture and historical preservation.
Sights & Sounds
Enjoy “one-one-one” hands-on photography instruction plus individual and group activities to learn more about the fascinating Japanese culture and heritage.
Photography workshops will include:
• Landscape: amazing Fall colours, Mt.Fuji, quaint villages
• People photography... and enough stunning culture and history to fill 40 memory cards!
With unique experiences and countless extraordinary photographic opportunities, this tour will leave you speechless. Take in the stunning view of Mt Fuji at sunrise and sunset. Head to Kinkakuji and Kiyomizudera temples to admire their traditional architecture. Visit the Nagamachi ‘Samurai District’ in Kanazawa to learn about the samurai history and witness the glorious times of Kanazawa’s heroes. Visit Oku-no-in, a mausoleum lit by thousands of lanterns, burning for over 1,000 years. Get up early and join the monks in their daily prayers at dawn. Stoll around Nara Park, home to over 1,000 sacred deer. Enjoy a farewell dinner in the capital of Japanese food, Osaka.
Bus, underground and train! This trip will utilize a lot of local transportation and provide the opportunity to live like a local.
- Accommodations as listed
- English speaking guide through the trip
- Civilized Adventures expert leader to coordinate the logistics
- Tour and activities as listed
- Daily Breakfasts
- 10 Lunches
- 1 Farewell dinner
- Evening at Tokyo Whisky Bible
- Omakase Sushi workshop
- Tokyo Bay Sunset Cruise with an aperitif
- Tea Ceremony in Kanazawa
- Private arrival and departure transfers
- High-speed train tickets
- Luggage shipping to make more efficient the train journeys
- Hosted by Brad Wrobleski (w/ min 12 guests)
- Complete pre-departure information and meeting (held in Calgary 1 month before departure)
- International airline tickets
- Gratuities to local staff
- Any meals not listed + beverages
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Items of a personal nature (ex. laundry)
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
Starting in Tokyo & Ending in Osaka
- CA$ 11,900* per person, twin share
- CA$ 2,800* Single supplement
* Prices based on 2021 rates, adjusted 2022 rates will be advised shortly.
All quoted prices and itinerary effective at time of publication (Feb 12, 2021). Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions. A 2% cheque discount will apply. All payments are non-refundable once received. Please consider insurance.