Date: You pick!
Special Interest Travel (Hiking)
Reaching the summit of Kilimanjaro takes a good level of fitness, health, endurance and stamina. It is a high-altitude trek, ranging from 7,742 to 19,341 feet above sea level. Climbing Kilimanjaro is a life-goal for many. It is a tremendous achievement to finally stand on the summit of Africa’s highest mountain.
- Trip Route
Date: You pick!
Host: Locally Guided
Cost: Varies on experience (route chosen, size of your party etc.), ask us!
At A Glance: Lemosho 8 day
- 2 nights pre-climb in Arusha
- 6 nights ascending Kilimanjaro
- 1 night descending Kilimanjaro
- 1 night post-climb in Arusha
- Training program prior to departure
*Other routes are available on request – Machame & Rongai
Minimum is 2 trekkers, We can arrange for private groups as well.
- We partner with a climbing oufitter with one of the highest success rates in the business
- Professional climbing support team of guides, camp crew, porters and cooks
- 2 nights in a 4-star hotel prior to your climb to recover from jet lag and prepare
- Luxury program on the mountain includes a high crew to climber ratio, top quality equipment including tents, mattresses, sleeping bags with liner, pillow, highly trained cooks, and fresh food that is supplemented mid trek
- Options to extend your stay with a safari, or at the beach
TO AFRICA: Most airlines fly overnight from Canada to Europe where you’ll connect to another overnight flight into Kilimanjaro. Our Adventure Travel Specialists will be pleased to go over the options with you.
Day 1 & 2 - ARUSHA (2 nts hotel): Once you’ve cleared customs and collected your bag you will be greeted by our representative and then transferred to our carefully choosen 4-star hotel for a light dinner and a good night's sleep. Next day you will be met by your guide team for a full briefing including a full kit check.
Day 3 - 9 - KILIMANJARO (7nts first-class trekking): Drive from Arusha to the starting point of the Lemosho Trail. After checking in at the trailhead, start walking through the Afro-montane forest. In a short period cross a variety of eco-systems including the heath zone and the Shira Plateau. Civilized Adventures has arranged an extra acclimatization day where you will walk high and sleep low. On your final day ascend to the roof of Africa (19,341 feet above sea level). If your timing allows for it, we suggest you select your ascent date to be just prior to full moon: take advantage of great moonlight yet avoid the big crowds. Start your final ascent around midnight to arrive at the crater rim or, depending on your fitness level, continue to the roof of Africa (Uhuru Peak) for sunrise. Your descent includes one more night on the mountain.
Day 10 - ARUSHA: Transfer back to Arusha for a well deserved shower, and perhaps even a massage.
Day 11 - Depart: Extend your stay with a customized Afican safari or a relaxing beach stay or transfer to the airport to fly home.