Date: Your choice of dates (16 nights)
Host: Local guides
Cost: Pricing varies, ask us!
Trip Type: Top Pick
On this two week adventure you’ll see Japan both past and present. take in Japan’s quintessential art: the tea ceremony, as your whisked between art districts, gardens, museums and shrines. You’ll stay in downtown Tokyo as well as a real Ryokan in the middle of the Japanese Alps. Ride the Guinness World Record-setting ropeway all the way up Mt. Owakudani, passing over sulfurous fumes, hot springs and hot rivers in this volcanic area. majestic replica pirate ship will sweep you across the Ashinoko, a lake formed by a volcanic eruption 3000 years ago, and the Hakone Tozan ‘switchback train’ zigzags though the mountains, giving amazing views of the surrounding valleys.
- Take a scenic river cruise to Asakusa
- Hike Mt. Misen, with its stunning views
- Visit Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, ground zero after the atonic bomb
- Try some regional delicacies, miso, Takayama rice dumplings, homemade sweets and of course sake
- Stroll the Miyagawa morning market
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage listed Toshogu Shrine complex and Kinkaku-ji Temple’s pavilion that is completely covered in handmade gold leaves
Questions? Please contact one of the Civilized Adventures’ Custom Travel Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tokyo (5 nights)
- Kanazawa (2 nights)
- Takayama (2 nights)
- Kyoto (4 nights)
- Hiroshima (3 nights)
Click here to see the full detailed itinerary.
Contact us to create YOUR Custom Civilized Adventure!
Due to the great currency fluctuation, prices for all of our services will be quoted upon request. This policy enables us to provide you with the most competitive quotes. We invite you to browse our website to select the travel style that meets your needs, our Custom Travel Advisors are only a call/email away ready to provide any assistance in designing your itinerary.
If you want to pair this itinerary down to fewer nights, we’re always happy to accommodate what time you have available as well. Please contact us for more information.