Date: January 24 – February 05, 2022
Travel Style: Hosted Small Group
Join the CEO of Civilized Adventures, Denell Falk and discover the Land of the Pharaohs. Explore some of the most important archaeological sites of Egypt, visit the extensive collection of the new Egyptian Museum in Cairo, cruise down the epic Nile between Aswan and Luxor and much more.
- The Host
- The Experience
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Date: January 24 – February 05, 2022
Host: Denell Falk, CEO of Civilized Adventures
Cost: US$ 9,798 per person, twin sharing
This adventure will take you through some of the most important archaeological sites of Egypt. You will not just see the pyramids, you will walk into one… That’s the best time to start asking hundreds of questions to your expert Egyptologist guide. We will experience the massive collection of the new Egyptian Museum of Cairo before flying down south and explore the import archaeological site of Abu Simbel. Thought by many to be the best temple in Egypt.
We will then board our Luxury Nile Cruise for 4 nights which will allow us to go on day trips to some of the most important temples located along the River Nile. The views from the boat are incredible and very exotic! We will close our trip with extra days in Luxor, where we will also explore some of the less crowded archaeological sites in the area.
- Travel with the best: our expert trip host & CEO Denell Falk & professional Egyptologist throughout the 13 days
- Return flights to Abu Simbel with your private guide – a UNESCO world heritage site
- Travel off the beaten path with an extra day in Luxor emersed in the West Bank walking through temples and tombs
- Sail down the Nile in luxury with a small group
- In depth tour of the Grand Pyramids and visit the first pyramids ever built
- Enjoy Egyptian and Middle Eastern food throughout your stay
Questions? Please contact Julie, one of the Civilized Adventures’ Custom Travel Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cairo (4 nights)
- Aswan (1 night)
- Nile River Cruise (4 nights)
- Luxor (2 nights)
- Cairo (1 night)
For details on accommodation, daily activities and more see our interactive itinerary here. Friends or family interested in joining you on this adventure? Give them our printable pdf version of this itinerary.
Not sure that 12 nights in Egypt is enough? Contact Julie, our group leader and Custom Travel Advisor to extend your stay to a beach resort in Egypt or exploring Jordan for a week.
Denell Falk founded Civilized Adventures in 1994, building on 13 years in adventure travel. Drawing from many rich travel experiences, Denell is an astute critic of what’s worth adding to a trip, and she never stops looking for new and exciting options for our clients.
Denell has been hosting groups for over 30 years, including special journeys testing out new experiences. She has led many groups to Africa (from traditional safari-based countries to the mysterious pyramids of Egypt), Asia, the South Pacific, Europe, South and Central America, as well as expedition cruises to Antarctica, the Spitsbergen region, and our Maritimes.
Stay in clean, safe hotels that have been chosen for this group. We have hand selected hotel names you can trust from the Kempinski, Sofitel & the Hilton each adding their own Egyptian flare.
Travel Egypt with CEO Denell Falk as she returns to this country for the 2nd time, Denell has been a trip host to more than 40 + trips. She will be accompanied by a professional Egyptologist for all the educational history highlights and local insider information.
Sights & Sounds
Wake up to the call to prayer before starting your day exploring this energetic country.
From Day 1 you will be in awe of the history from the Great Pyramids to the tombs of Kings & Queens.
Spend an extra day exploring the history in Luxor at Tombs of the Workers.
End each evening with delicious Egyptian food and beverages.
You will have 4 flights throughout the itinerary, maximizing your time on the ground. In between temples, tombs and walking tours you will have a private motor coach at your disposal.
- 5 star accommodation
- Entry visa to Egypt
- Airport transfers
- Internal flights: Cairo – Aswan / Aswan-Abu Simbel-Aswan / Luxor – Cairo
- 12 x Breakfast / 8 x Lunch / 5 x Dinner + tea/coffee/water (while in motorcoach)
- Professional Egyptologist throughout
- All admissions for sightseeing as listed in the itinerary
- Entry to Cheops Pyramid & Camel ride at the Pyramids
- Entry to King Seti 1’s & King Tut’s tombs at the Valley of the Kings
- Entry to Queen Nefertari’s tomb in the Valley of the Queens
- Hosted by Denell Falk, Civilized Adventures (w/min 10 guests)
- Complete pre-departure information and meeting (held in Calgary 1 month before departure)
- International airline tickets
- Gratuities to local staff
- Any meals not listed + beverages
- Camera ticket at sights where dictated
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Items of a personal nature (ex. laundry)
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
Starting & Ending in Cairo:
- US$ 9,798 per person, twin share
- US$ 2,315 Single supplement
All quoted prices and itinerary effective at time of publication (January 14, 2021). Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions. A 2% cheque discount will apply. All payments are non-refundable once received. Please consider insurance.