- Insider's Tips
- Trip Route
Date: Choose your dates!
Host: Local guides
Cost: Starting from USD 7350 per person, twin sharing
Trip Type: Top Picks
India is one of the world’s great civilizations and perhaps its greatest travel destination. Wildly varied in culture, history, religion and landscape, only by traveling the length of the subcontinent can one begin to scratch the surface of this vibrant nation. Northern India is a fabulous and inspiring introduction to the history and culture of India’s three most quintessential destinations – Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. Visit the iconic sites and discover the inspiring Mughal and Rajput heritage of this fascinating region with the bustle and buzz of markets and bazaars, juxtaposing with the cosmopolitan culture of Delhi. Travel through a land full of contrasts on this compact India tour, jam-packed with unforgettable highlights. Experience a glimpse of rural India in Mihirgarh, get an insight on birding in Chattrasagar and enjoy a leopard safari in Jawai. The trip is topped off with a visit to Udaipur, popularly known as city of lakes.
- Explore some of India’s most impressive UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Take an exciting rickshaw ride through the colorful bazar in Old Delhi
- Visit to the monument of love – the Taj Mahal
- Explore off-the-beaten-path villages in rural Rajasthan
- Visit the magnificent 15th century Mehrangarh Fort
- Head out on jeep safaris in search of the big cats in the hills of Jawai
- Admire the intricately carved 15th century temples at Ranakpur
- Enjoy a sunset cruise on the Lake Pichola
Questions? Please contact Lena, our India Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1 - Arrive in Delhi
Days 2 & 3 - Explore Delhi like a local
Day 4 - Drive to Agra and visit the magnificent Agra Fort.
Day 5 - Visit the Taj Mahal at dawn, before departing to Jaipur.
Days 6 & 7 - Discover Jaipur, also known as the ‘Pink City’.
Day 8 - Drive to the peace and quiet of the tented camp of Chhatra Sagar
Day 9 - Explore the beautiful surroundings of Chhatra Sagar
Day 10 - Drive to Mihir Garh Fort via Jodhpur
Day 11 - Enjoy a jeep safari to the local villages or go riding on the Marwari horses
Day 12 - Drive to the uber chic Jawai Leopard Camp
Day 13 - Enjoy jeep safaris in search of the big cats
Day 14 - Drive to Udaipur via Ranakpur
Day 15 - Explore the main sights of Udaipur
Day 16 - Fly back to Delhi. Departure
For the detailed itinerary, accommodation list and daily activities please visit our interactive itinerary here.
- Chhatra Sagar and Jawai Leopard Camp are operational from October to March.
- Every year around October, Jodhpur hosts the RIFF festival, recognised as one of the world’s best international music festivals. The festival brings together interlinked musical strands to create three full days of programme revolving around the exceptional variety of Rajasthani traditional and global roots music.
- From mid-December to mid-January heavy fog descends over north India. Expect delays/cancellation of flights/trains and disruptions in the itinerary during this period.
Starting Delhi/Ending Delhi
From USD 7350 per person in double accommodation
Alternate upgraded hotels listed/ 5 star level: USD 9375 per person
Accommodation and tour are subject to availability. Please contact us for more information and pricing based on your dates and customizations.
Prices are current at time of publication (June 23rd, 2020). Price subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control (fuel increases/surcharges, fluctuations of currency, taxes, etc.).