Date: Year round departures available
Travel Style: Set Departure
Special Interest Travel: Biking
Mekong River Cruise from the vibrant southern capital of Saigon, Vietnam, to the ancient kingdom of Angkor, Cambodia, the slow way, by bike and boat on a tour specially made to accommodate both cyclists and non-riding partners. Spend your mornings exploring your surroundings by bike or by foot, then in the afternoons, cruise the iconic Mekong River in comfort and style.
- The Ride
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Route
Date: Year round departures available (join a small group or build your own departure)
Host: Local guides
Group size: Minimum 8/Maximum 20 participants
Cost: From US$4,990 per person
A truly enjoyable way to journey between Saigon and Siem Reap is on river cruise combining both bike and boat. Start out with a walking tour of the lively city of Saigon before boarding the ship, then pedal along the Vietnamese end of the Mekong Delta, through friendly villages and colonial towns. At the end of each day of riding, board the ship, without the need to unpack, and relax on deck with a cold drink as the world of the Mekong goes by.
Once you’ve cruised into Cambodia, enjoy the change of scenery with a day of cycling around Phnom Penh’s Silk Island. Explore Cambodia’s capital city and learn about its history before flying to Siem Reap: the home of Angkor Wat. One of the highlights of this journey will be watching the colors of the day illuminate the sky over the spires of this famous temple and cycling around the grounds of the historical national park and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Biking or hiking through the backroads and paths of Southeast Asia each morning, you will have the opportunity to meet local people, learn about their lives and traditions, and see first hand the agricultural miracle that is the Mekong Delta, while enjoying delicious local cuisine, and staying in comfort throughout the journey.
We specifically welcome non-cycling partners or friends on this trip and will have special activities planned for them each morning while the riders are cycling.
- Take a walking food tour of the lively city of Saigon and sample local favorites as well as coffee, beer and chocolate.
- Pedal the Silk Islands near Phnom Penh and visit traditional village industries.
- Wander your way through Phnom Penh with your expert guide in tow to learn more about Cambodian history.
- Gaze at the magnificent sunrise over the five spires of Angkor Wat before pedaling through the park.
Questions? Please contact one of the Civilized Adventures' Adventure Travel Specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us to create YOUR Custom Civilized Adventure!
170 - 250 Km riding The riding is entirely flat. You’ll cycle on a great variety of surfaces, ranging from concrete to hard-packed dirt and even a few forest trails around Angkor. Traffic will almost always be a rarity, allowing you to engage with the locals as you go, stopping for a chat or a photo opportunities as you wish.
- An air-conditioned backup support vehicle
- Light weight, Cannondale CX3 bicycles
- Experienced English speaking guides
- Meals (as indicated in day-by-day)
- International Flights
- Visa fees
- All items of a personal nature
- Drinks and meals other than those specified
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. park fee increases, fuel surcharges, currency fluctuations)
Dates & Cost
- November 6-14, 2021 - US$4,990 per person
- December 21-29, 2021 - US$4,990 per person
- January 20-28, 2022 - US$4,990 per person
- February 19-27, 2022 - US$4,990 per person
Accommodation and tour are subject to availability. Please contact us for more information and pricing based on your dates and customizations.