Date: Set departures from April to November (9 nights)
Host: Local guides
The Under Canvas camps are designed to offer a true “back to nature” experience with the emphasis being on the experiential aspect of safaris, to go back to the roots of safari, to touch, to smell, to feel and to experience the wild, with one’s feet firmly in the dust that covers Africa. This is an experience that is exclusive in the real sense of the word, as well as being very much away from the pressures of ‘normal’ life!
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Route
- Dates & Cost
Date: Set departures from April to November (join a small group or build your own departure)
Host: Local guides
Group size: Minimum 2/Maximum 7 participants
Cost: Starting from CA$5,400 per person sharing
This Ultimate Namibia Under Canvas Safari affords you the chance to experience this magnificent and memorable country in a very personal way. You will have your own professional and experienced safari guide who will enhance your enjoyment of this unique country by making it a fascinating and stress-free journey of discovery amidst very dramatic scenery. Your Ultimate Safaris guide will have an intimate knowledge of each area and camp/lodge that you visit, allowing them to share the local insights and highlights whilst adding continuity and depth to your safari. It goes without saying that they all know exactly what a “True African Safari” is all about.
- Travel with one of Namibia’s most reputable and well-known naturalist guides.
- Visit the world renowned AfriCat Foundation and learn more about conservation initiatives involving Africa’s large cats.
- Sleep under canvas in the tree tops overlooking one of the most productive waterholes on the Onguma Private Game Reserve.
- Memorable and exciting guided game drives within the renowned Etosha National Park, from the vantage point of a specially modified, air-conditioned 4×4 with pop tops.
- Explore the Damaraland region whilst staying at the exclusive-use //Huab Under Canvas.
- Search for desert adapted elephant in ephemeral river systems.
- Track for the endangered black rhino in conjunction with Save the Rhino Trust.
- Visit and explore Namibia’s central coastal region with canyons, dunes and lagoons.
- Explore the private Namib Tsaris Conservancy on exploratory nature drives and guided walks whilst staying in the exclusive-use Sossus Under Canvas.
- Climb some of the world’s highest free-standing sand dunes at Sossusvlei and enjoy a magic box picnic in the Namib Naukluft Park afterwards.
- Enjoy spectacular star gazing of the Milky Way on the Namib Tsaris Conservancy.
- Enjoy refreshing moments in desert pools on the Namib Tsaris Conservancy.
Questions? Please contact one of the Civilized Adventures’ Adventure Travel Specialists at email@example.com
Not sure that 10 days is enough in this incredible area? Contact one of our experienced Custom Travel Advisors to arrange extensions before or after the safari, designed to match your interests.
- Accommodation and all meals
- Transportation in a luxury air-conditioned safari vehicle
- Services of a registered and experienced naturalist English-speaking safari guide
- Entrance fees and excursions as described in the itinerary
- Local drinks at meals (this includes water, soft drinks, beers and table wine)
- Onguma afternoon property drive in open game viewer with camp guide
- International, regional & local flights to Namibia
- Entry visa to Namibia
- Return transfers to/from the Windhoek airport
- Gratuities to local staff
- Premium imported wines, spririts and champagne
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Items of a personal nature (ex. scenic flights, etc.)
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control (ie. park fee increases, fuel surcharges)
Dates & Cost
Guaranteed set departures from April to November – 16 departures on selected Thursdays.
Starting from CA$5,400 per person on twin share.
If you’re looking to travel on your own please contact us for single supplement pricing.
All quoted prices and itinerary effective at time of publication (November 4, 2020). All payments are non-refundable once received. Trip cancellation and medical insurance are strongly recommended. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.