Date: June 4 – 11, 2022
Travel Style: Cruising
Join us on a trip of a lifetime to the Amalfi Coast & Sicily on Royal Clipper, a five-masted sailing ship inspired by the legendary Tall Ship, Preussen. An intimate, casual and relaxing private yacht-like experience on a tall ship with modern amenities and accommodations.
- The Ship
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Route
Date: June 4 – 11, 2022
Host: Local expert guides and onboard crew
Cost: Civilized Adventures Special Offer – See costing tab and call us for details!
There are few adventures more thrilling than sailing aboard a tall ship on the beautiful sea. Anyone who has experienced it can tell you – there is this moment when you feel the wind catching the sails just so and suddenly, you are flying. The powerful sensation of being one with nature takes over and leaves you exhilarated, humbled and awed all at once.
From the dramatic cliffs of the Amalfi Coast to the mountainous scenery of Sicily, this uniquely different, exciting and highly experiential trip will leave you speechless.
- Royal Clipper, the world’s largest five-masted, fully rigged sailing ship today
- Share this luxury tall ship with just 227 other passengers
- Visit the Pontine Islands, a pretty archipelago off the Italian coast south of Rome
- Discover the Amalfi Coast, one of the gems of the Mediterranean
- Explore Taormina, the most beautiful town in Sicily
- Get an insight into the Aeolian Islands
- Appreciate the beauty of Gaeta, a picturesque and historic seaside town, northwest of Naples
Consider spending a few extra days in Italy or its neighbouring countries, before or after your cruise. Please contact us, about possible extension options.
While not expected, itinerary is subject to change due to weather and other conditions.
Inspired by the tall ship Preussen, the Royal Clipper has the proud distinction of being the largest and only five-masted full-rigged sailing ship built since her predecessor was launched at the beginning of the last century. With her complement of 42 sails, Royal Clipper is a splendid sight to behold.
You might think she was an apparition from the grand age of sail, but Royal Clipper is as new as tomorrow, boasting state-of-the-art navigation systems and every comfort and luxury one could wish for. For connoisseurs of sail cruising, the 439 foot Royal Clipper offers the ultimate sea-going experience, balancing the grandeur, adventure and tradition of sailing with the superb service, amenities and accommodations of the finest modern yacht. Royal Clipper carries just 227 guests in luxurious style. A full 19,000 square feet of open deck and three swimming pools create a wonderfully spacious and expansive outdoor environment.
Find your secret hideaway on one of the hidden balconies on either side of the bow. Or climb the mast (with safety harness provided) to one of the passenger lookout crows-nests, thoughtfully furnished with a comfortable settee, where you’ll have the grandest view of all!
Royal Clipper’s interior spaces are just as dazzling. They include a three-deck atrium that funnels sunlight into the elegantly appointed, three-level dining room featuring open-seating dining, deliciously prepared cuisine and a no-tie dress code.
A convenient marina platform lowers from the stern for watersports. And the ultimate unique Royal Clipper experience, the one-of-a-kind Captain Nemo Lounge, is the site of our spa and health club with underwater glass portholes!
- Accommodations for 7 nights onboard Royal Clipper
- All meals and snacks onboard
- All onboard entertainment and facilities
- Unlimited use of water sports equipment
- Informative nightly port talks and destination briefings
- International flights to/from Rome
- Soft drinks, bottled water, wines and spirits
- Shore excursions (chargeable)
- Port fees of CA$310 per person (additional charges)
- Travel & Personal accident insurance (strongly recommended)
- Onboard gratuities for room stewards and dining staff
- All items of a personal nature including spa
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control
Starting/Ending in Civitavecchia (Rome):
Civilized Adventures Special Offer – Price starting from CA$2,560* per person :
- Twin share in Category 5 (entry level cabin)
- Please inquire if interested in single supplement
Our recommended category on this ship is Category 3 (best cabin placement), starting from CA$3,050* per person. Other cabins available, ask us for more details!
Reduced deposit of CA$500 per person and fully refundable until March 1st, 2022.
Civilized Adventures Bonus $250 CAD shipboard credit per cabin plus pre-paid gratuities.
Sound Interesting? Call us, we have lots of fabulous specials! Book early for the best deals.
* Port taxes of CA$310 per person are additional.
All quoted prices effective at time of publication (Oct. 27, 2020). Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions; prices are subject to change.