Date: Your pick!
Special Interest Travel (Hiking)
This 7-day lodge to lodge trekking experience will take you on a historic section of Inca trail through 15 different eco-systems, while you traverse a mountain pass over 15,000 feet, explore villages where locals still maintain age-old traditions and re-discover the mystical beauty of Machu Picchu, the crown jewel of the Inca Empire.
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Route
- Giving Back
Date: Your pick!
Host: Local expert guides
Cost: Starting from US$2,990 per person
This 7-day lodge to lodge trekking experience will take you on a historic section of Inca trail through 15 different eco-systems, while you traverse a mountain pass over 15,000 feet, explore villages where locals still maintain age-old traditions and re-discover the mystical beauty of Machu Picchu, the crown jewel of the Inca Empire. Each day’s trek ends with a hot shower in a cozy lodge, complemented by a massage or a dip in an outdoor jacuzzi, followed by a gourmet meal with select wines and all provided with highly personalized service by local staff.
The Salkantay experience goes beyond deluxe lodges and a great trek. It is a unique opportunity to experience ancient history in the Land of the Incas, as well as the most interesting and exotic variety of flora and fauna, all in the company of new friends and likeminded souls.
Photos courtesy of Mountain Lodges of Peru
- Day 1 - Challacancha - Soraypampa
- Day 2 - Salkantay Lodge -Lake Humantay – Salkantay Lodge
- Day 3 - Soraypampa- Wayraccmachay
- Day 4 - Wayraccmachay-Collpapampa
- Day 5 - Collpapampa- Lucmabamba
- Day 6 - Lucmabamba- Santa Teresa
- Day 7 - Huayna Picchu Mountain
The lodge-to-lodge equestrian adventure is a five-day ride amidst snowcapped Andean peaks, through verdant cloud forests and along pristine creeks, all the while enjoying our mountain luxury lodges and friendly staff. Day six is a hiking day, as horses cannot travel over the newly restored Llactapacta Trail. The trips are led by expert riding guides and the horses provided are American quarter horses raised in Uruguay.
All saddles, tack and riding helmets are imported from the U.S. We generally recommend this adventure for intermediate and experienced riders, but beginners with some experience are also welcome. Equestrian-only departures are available throughout the year from March to December. Other available dates are mixed-group departures that are shared by trekkers and riders, each group having separate trip leaders.
- Transportation during all program days
- 6 nights lodging, depending on selected itinerary
- All meals except breakfast on Day 1 and dinner on the last day of the program
- Service of a bilingual guide, tours are led in English
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu (including entrance fee and transportation to site).
- Train service to Aguas Calientes
- International flights
- All items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities to local guides
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control
Guaranteed departures from Cusco several times per week from March 1st through December 31st
7-Day Program 2020 (trekking):
- Low Season (March 1-31 & November 1 – December 14)- From US$2,990 per person
- High Season (April 1 – October 31 & December 15-31)- From US$3,990 per person
7-Day Program 2020 (equestrian):
- Low Season (March 1-31 & November 1 – December 14)- From US$3,125 per person
- High Season (April 1 – October 31 & December 15-31)- From US$4,125 per person
Prices are valid at time of publication (August 27, 2019) and while not expected, itinerary and prices are subject to change. Contact us for dates of availability and pricing based on your group size and departure.
In 2006 Mountain Lodges of Peru sponsored the creation of Yanapana Peru, a not-for-profit Civil Association dedicated to social and environmental responsibility. Yanapana is committed to improving the quality of life through sustainable community development, in an effort to reduce extreme poverty in the Andean highlands.
Main activities of the association include donations for the enhancement of nutrition and infrastructure at a local public school, funding and training for local entrepreneurs, which include jam and honey, handmade textiles and organic coffee production. Other supportive efforts are directed towards child sponsorship programs, as well as medical prevention, detection and treatment programs.
“In our own journey through sustainability, we realized that it was necessary to take steps beyond what was traditionally being done in social inclusion, which is why in 2012, a joint-venture was born between the community of Huacahuasi and Mountain Lodges of Peru, naming it Kuska Purispa: Walking Together.
We are convinced that sustainable tourism in the region should be built around a model that empowers local communities, making them active investors in local development projects for the long-term benefit of all. We are committed to work under this innovative business model and keep empowering and generating added value to local communities in Peru”.