Dates: Several departures
Travel Style: Set Departure
Special Interest Travel: Biking
Cycle through Japan: a land of ancient castles, Shinto Shrines, Buddhist monasteries and statues, where traditional cultures and etiquette overlap with futuristic modern wonders. If you’re searching for the ultimate guided bicycle adventure through Japan, then look no further than our flagship tour of the Land of the Rising Sun – Stunning Shikoku.
- The Ride
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Route
- Dates & Cost
Dates: Several departures (join a small group or build your own departure)
Host: Local guides
Group size: Minimum 4/Maximum 14 participants
Cost: From US$5,490 per person
Introducing our most comprehensive bike tour in Japan! Discover how this bike-friendly country beautifully blends its ancient cultures and traditions with its vibrant modern world. Visit Japan’s former feudal capital, Kyoto: one of the most enchanting cities in Asia and a beautiful location to tour by bike.
Cycle among Japan’s iconic swaying Sakura trees and zen out in the famous rock gardens. Explore the intriguing island of Shikoku, where only a short trip away from industrial Japan lies a natural wonderland full to the brim of culture. This island is famous for its stunning scenery, great cycling on beautiful, well made back roads and white coated Buddhist pilgrims following the holy 88 temple Shikoku Pilgrimage.
Pedal down narrow, almost deserted roads through evergreen forests, over wild rivers and through tiny towns, then enjoy panoramic views as you ride huge span bridges over the scattered archipelago in the Seto Inland Sea on your way to Hiroshima. The cycling is incredible and Japan well accommodated for bike touring!
This cycle tour explores everything you know as Japan, while at the same time, introducing you to hidden wonders that fuel intrigue.
- Visit some of the sacred temples of the 88 temple pilgrimage as you glimpse pilgrims in white.
- Take a day in Kochi to rest your legs and explore the Kochi Castle or Ryuga Cave.
- Spend the morning making traditional washi paper in the small town of Yusuhara for a cultural experience.
- Pedal along the Shimanami Kaido, a famous cycling route that takes you to Shikoku over a few small islands.
Questions? Please contact one of the Civilized Adventures’ Adventure Travel Specialists at email@example.com
Call us to create YOUR Custom Civilized Adventure!
323 Km riding On this bike tour we will enjoy cycling on excellent roads for the duration of the trip. For the most part, traffic is only light and drivers are courteous towards cyclists. In terms of gradient, we have a bit of everything, but the steepest parts of the climb are not long and the longest parts of the climb are not steep.
- An air-conditioned backup support vehicle
- Light weight, Cannondale CX3 bicycles
- Experienced English speaking guides
- Meals (as indicated in day-by-day)
- International Flights
- Visa fees
- All items of a personal nature
- Drinks and meals other than those specified
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. park fee increases, fuel surcharges, currency fluctuations)
Dates & Cost
- April 02 – 11, 2021 – US$5,490 per person
- May 22 – 31, 2021 – US$5,490 per person
- September 30 – October 09, 2021 – US$5,490 per person
- October 20 – 29, 2021 – US$5,490 per person
There is no surcharge for single travelers – we will match you with another same-sex single traveler. If you want a single room there is an optional upgrade that you can book, at additional cost.
Accommodation and tour are subject to availability. Please contact us for more information and pricing based on your dates and customizations.