Date: Pick your dates! (6 nights)
Special Interest Travel (Biking)
This immersive tour of Thailand by boat and bike combines the best elements of an active exploration with the leisure of a cruise and beach getaway, along with activities provided for non-riding partners of cyclists.
- The Ride
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Route
Date: Pick your dates!
Host: Local guides
Cost: From US$2,750 per person
Trip Type: Hosted Small Groups, Active Adventures, Solo Travellers, Cruising – Yacht to Small Ship
This immersive tour of Thailand by boat and bike combines the best elements of an active exploration with the leisure of a cruise and beach getaway, along with activities provided for non-riding partners of cyclists. Starting in the lively city of Bangkok, the cycle and cruise tour takes you through forests to rural farmland and past the Thai-Burma Railway for an immersion in Southeast Asian history. You finish your journey on the mostly undiscovered island of Koh Yao for a few days of fun in the sun, exploring the island and its waters by bike and kayak. The ultimate active holiday, that also offers plenty of chance for R&R in the peaceful setting of Thailand. Non-cycling friends and partners are welcome and will enjoy seeing all the sites and relaxing on the boat and beach.
For this special tour we are partnering up with Thailand’s first inland cruise ship, the RV River Kwai. With just ten beautifully teak enhanced cabins, this cozy, small and intimate vessel is perfect to cruise on the scenic and historic River Kwai. The RV River Kwai will be privately charter for your group with your own tour director.
- Cycle the 13th century Muang Sing ruins before returning to the ship for a relaxing river cruise with great views.
- Pedal back roads around Koh Yao for an exploration of tropical life and sparkling beaches.
- Spend a day in paradise, kayaking in the clear waters of Koh Yao or taking a walk through the jungle.
Questions? Please contact one of the Civilized Adventures’ Adventure Travel Specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us to create YOUR Custom Civilized Adventure!
5 days riding / 127 Km riding This tour does feature some hills, but they are more of the undulating, rolling nature than the sustained climbing nature. You are on a mixture of well-paved roads and some hard packed, gravel/dirt roads that make up about 20% of the total riding.
This trip includes:
- An air-conditioned backup support vehicle
- High quality bicycles and helmets, mechanic
- Experienced English speaking guides
- Accommodation (3 nights on cruise with RV River Kwai + 3 nights at Paradise Koh Yao Resort)
- Meals (as indicated in day-by-day)
- Domestic flight Bangkok to Phuket
- Entrance fees
Price does not include:
- International Flights
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Drinks and meals other than those specified
- All items of a personal nature
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. park fee increases, fuel surcharges, currency fluctuations)
- 12 – 18 Oct 2020 – US$2,750 per person
- 09 – 15 Nov 2020 – US$2,750 per person
- 11 – 17 Jan 2021 – US$2,750 per person
- 22 – 28 Feb 2021 – US$2,750 per persom
- Ask for 2022 dates!
There is no surcharge for single travelers – we will match you with another same-sex single traveler. If you want a single room there is an optional upgrade that you can book, at additional cost.
Accommodation and tour are subject to availability. Please contact us for more information and pricing based on your dates and customizations.