Date: Year round departures available
Travel Style: Set Departure
Special Interest Travel: Biking
Skip the flight and enjoy some beautiful cycling between Thailand and Cambodia, two popular destinations! You’ll enjoy diverse scenery, great food, rural life and friendly hospitality.
- The Ride
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Route
- Dates & Cost
Date: Year round departures available (join a small group or build your own departure)
Host: Local guides
Group size: Minimum 2/Maximum 14 participants
Cost: From US$1,490 per person
Why fly or bus from Bangkok to Siem Reap and miss the scenery and the friendly folk in between? Give a bike ride a try instead, and discover a unique patch of South East Asia. Cycle along the coast, through orchards, gem mining towns, and the charming cities of Cambodia with their well preserved French architecture and extraordinary ancient temples. Engaging locals and lovely accommodation all found on one of the lesser trodden paths through South East Asia.
Easy, pleasant rides and effective use of the support vehicle allow us to make the credible claim that anyone who enjoys a recreational ride on a bike can enjoy this cycling adventure.
- Bike along the beach to Chanthaburi as you discover the old Thai town.
- Take a locally-run tour of village industries in Battambang to learn more about daily Cambodian life.
- Marvel at the colors of sunrise over the spires of Angkor Wat.
- Cycle fun single tracks through the jungle to discover hidden temples as well as famous ones.
Questions? Please contact one of the Civilized Adventures' Adventure Travel Specialists at email@example.com
Call us to create YOUR Custom Civilized Adventure!
215 Km Riding. This is a predominantly flat ride, but we do encounter a few smaller hills. We cycle on a variety of surfaces including dirt, asphalt and semi-constructed surface. In Cambodia we cycle on small trails at times and these can be a little bumpy. We will be crossing the highlands separating Thailand and Cambodia, but essentially we'll drive up and cycle down in order to keep this an achievable ride for the vast majority of regular recreational bike riders. If at any time it becomes a struggle, there is a comfortable, air-conditioned support vehicle on hand. We take a slow and relaxed pace so this trip is well suited to fit riders looking for a relaxing ride or those new to cycle touring who are looking to find out what it's all about. We spend two short sections of less than 10km each on the main highway, but the main highway in Cambodia is like a back road anywhere else in the world. Drivers are largely very considerate and flexible and it would be very unusual to feel at all threatened by traffic on these roads.
- An air-conditioned backup support vehicle
- Light weight, Cannondale CX3 bicycles
- Experienced English speaking guides
- Meals (as indicated in day-by-day)
- International Flights
- Visa fees
- All items of a personal nature
- Drinks and meals other than those specified
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. park fee increases, fuel surcharges, currency fluctuations)
Dates & Cost
- February 14 - 18, 2021 - US$1,490 per person
- March 07 - 11, 2021 - US$1,490 per person
- May 09 - 13, 2021 - US$1,490 per person
- June 06 - 10 2021 - US$1,490 per person
- June 28 - July 02, 2021 - US$1,490 per person
- July 19 - 23, 2021 - US$1,490 per person
- August 30 - September 03, 2021 - US$1,490 per person
- October 24 - 28, 2021 - US$1,490 per person
- November 15 - 19, 2021 - US$1,490 per person
- December 21 - 25, 2021 - US$1,713 per person
There is no surcharge for single travelers - we will match you with another same-sex single traveler. If you want a single room there is an optional upgrade that you can book, at additional cost.
Accommodation and tour are subject to availability. Please contact us for more information and pricing based on your dates and customizations.