Date: October 16 – 30, 2021
Travel Style: Cruising
Combine the Falkland Islands and South Georgia with this exiting 15-day expedition to discover the incredible wilderness of this region also known as “the Galapagos of the Poles”. Our small expedition vessel will give you privileged access to the Southern Ocean, taking you where larger ships cannot!
- The Ship
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Route
Date: October 16 – 30, 2021
Host: Onboard crew and experts
Cost: See costing tab and call us for details!
This trip has been handpicked by Kylan who is one of our Antarctic specialists. The trip focus is on South Georgia and the Falkland Islands which are destinations usually only offered on longer Antarctic departures. This expedition offers some of the best wildlife experiences in the world. Penguin colonies in the 100,000’s, nesting Albatross, and so much more! My favorite is the site of protective elephant seals with their pups while their male counterparts can be seen battling aggressively over territories in the distance…
Start in the Falklands and enjoy watching rockhopper and gentoo penguins in their native habitat. From your zodiac spot Black-browed albatrosses and petrels high above. Hike into the local settlements and meet the people who have made this island home for generations.
From there, set sail for South Georgia and its mountains, which are permanently covered in thick layers of ice and snow. On this island, wildlife is king. Visit one of the world’s largest king penguin colonies and watch elephant seals relaxing on the shores. As we sail from bay to bay, watch out for whales and beautiful seabirds flying overhead.
- A small ship allowing you to explore remote and beautiful lands in comfort
- A wilderness experience in the Southern Ocean
- See South Georgia’s incredible wildlife, including 30 breeding bird species and four penguin species
- Explore by ship, Zodiac and foot
- Learn about the area’s unique geology, history and wildlife with our onboard lecturers
© Images courtesy of Antarctica21
Questions? Please contact Kylan, one of the Civilized Adventures’ Custom Travel Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important note : the itinerary may be subject to change without notice due to weather, ice, and sea conditions.
Click below to explore the ship.
Magellan Explorer is a new and modern expedition vessel custom-built to the latest Polar Code specifications.
Magellan Explorer has capacity for 73 guests accommodated in seven categories of accommodation, including dedicated single cabins. All cabins except Porthole cabins feature private balconies. All double cabins except two have two twin beds that can be configured as one king-size bed. Most cabins have two twin beds that can be configured as one queen-size bed. All cabins feature a wardrobe, individually controlled heating system, a sitting area, and a private bathroom with a shower and heated floors.
The ship features a glass-enclosed observation lounge and presentation room with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, a spacious and stylish dining room, a well-stocked bar, a library, a meeting room, a gym, a sauna, and a medical clinic. The forward-facing observation deck leads to the bow of the ship, which is accessible to guests to offer proximity to marine wildlife. The ship has a fleet of 10 Zodiac boats that are well suited for disembarking and wildlife watching.
The fitness center aboard Magellan Explorer has been designed and built by the professionals at Anytime Fitness, the world’s only fitness company with boutique gyms in all seven continents.
- 14 nights on the Magellan Explorer Ship
- Leadership throughout your voyage by an experienced Expedition Leaders
- All shore landings & zodiac excursions as per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by the Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
- All meals (buffet breakfast and lunch / served dinner) and snacks on board
- Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board ship (and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock)
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for landings and Zodiac cruising excursions
- International flights & flights to/from Port Stanley (can be combined together)
- Travel & Personal accident insurance (strongly recommended)
- Mandatory medical evacuation insurance
- Mandatory waterproof jackets & pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Sea Kayaking ($895 USD pp – limited spots)
- All items of a personal nature
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control
Starting/Ending in Port Stanley:
Price starting at US$11,990 per person, based on double occupancy (Deluxe Veranda)
US$1,000 reduced deposit per person and fully refundable offered until Dec 20, 2020
Past Antarctica21 Travellers are eligible for 5% Discount! Ask us for more details
All quoted prices and itinerary effective at time of publication (July 22, 20). Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions.