- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- The Experience
- Trip Route
Departures: Twice weekly, Monday or Thursday from May 1 to Oct 31, 2020
Host: Local expert guides
Cost: Starting from US$ 8,775 per person
Trip Type:Hosted Small Groups, Top Picks, African Safaris
A very exciting 14 night safari package including Hwange, Matusadona, Mana Pools and Gonarezhou National Parks. In Hwange, the varied habitats and vegetation types as well as countless waterholes mean that drives are exciting with diverse species to be seen. A visit to one of the villages on the outskirts of Hwange adds another element to your safari – here you’ll enjoy a tour of the school, learn about community projects, and meet some community members.
The life-giving power of the Zambezi River makes Mana Pools National Park one of Zimbabwe’s most lush and flourishing regions, and allows camp activities to include canoe trips downriver.
Matusadona has three distinct ecological areas: the lake and shoreline grassland; the Zambezi Valley floor, and the extremely rugged Escarpment area, which rises 700m from the valley floor. Elephant and buffalo are abundant in the park and other common species include the honey badger, civet, small spotted genet, lion, leopard, and spotted hyena.
Gonarezhou has some of the most spectacular scenery in the region incorporating the iconic Chilojo Cliffs, wide meandering rivers and extensive woodlands. Home to about 11 000 elephants, the Gonarezhou truly deserves its name, ‘Place of Elephants’. With a bird checklist of 400 species and 89 species of mammals this park and this safari as a whole are bound to be extraordinary.
- Explore Victoria Falls, traditionally known as Mosi-oa-Tunya, which translates to “the smoke that thunders”
- Charter scenic flights between safari camps
- Twice daily safari game drives in 4 incredibly diverse wildlife regions
- Window seats guaranteed – open safari vehicles
- All-inclusive, 15-day safari in classic accommodations from exquisite safari lodges to luxury & classic bush camps
- Victoria Falls (2 nights)
- Hwange National Park (3 nights)
- Matusadona National Park (3 nights)
- Mana Pools National Park (3 nights)
- Gonarezhou National Park (3 nights)
Prefer to do this circuit backwards? Just request dates and availability to start in Gonarezhou and end in Victoria Falls.
See the detailed itinerary here and contact us if you'd like more information or to book.
- All meals and drinks at camps
- Tour of Victoria Falls
- All activities in camps with expert local guides.
- 4 Internal flights and all ground transportation
- International flights
- Zimbabwe Visa on arrival $75 US
- Airport departure taxes: $15 US per applicable airports used (2-4 airports)
- Gratuities and personal expenses
We have hand selected these intimate camps for their locations, hospitality and ambiance. Whether you are enjoying your sundowner cocktail, a gourmet meal or reminiscing around the campfire, you are in the heart of wilderness. Your private luxury tent is equipped with all the comforts.
Our local guides have years of professional training and a deep passion for wildlife and conservation. They know the areas intimately and are skilled in finding even the “hard to spot” animals.
Typical Day on Safari
At sunrise, tea/coffee and a snack is delivered to your tent, or it may be offered in the lounge area. Bring an extra layer for game drives in the cool morning hours. Return to camp for a hearty breakfast or brunch, followed by lunch or afternoon tea. During the hottest hours of the day, when animals are less active, you can retreat to your tent or room, or relax by the pool. Your afternoon activity will usually be a game drive into another area, or head into the villages to meet the locals and visit a school. As the sun sets return to camp where a hot shower and an enticing dinner await.
Top notch safari vehicles where everyone will receive a window seat for optimal viewing. Charter flights between camps maximize your time and comfort.
Starting Victoria Falls / Ending Johannesburg
Twice weekly departures, Monday or Thursday every week from Victoria Falls from May 1- October 31, 2020
- May & June 2020: from US$8775 per person, based on double occupancy.
- July to October 2020: from US$9895 per person, based on double occupancy.
Deposit of US$1500 secures your seat. All payments are non-refundable once received. Protect your investment, please consider insurance
Not sure that 15 days is enough in Africa? Contact one of our experienced Adventure Travel Specialists to arrange extensions before or after the safari including more safari time in neighbouring Zambia, gorilla trekking or adding on some beach time in Mozambique.