- The Host
- The Experience
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Date: February 09 – 27, 2022
Host: Denell Falk, CEO of Civilized Adventures
Cost: US$ 6,399 per person, twin sharing
When you think of Southeast Asia you think of the bustling cities, the exotic sights and incredible fresh food.
This 19 day trip through Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia gives you all that and more. Join Denell Falk, CEO of Civilized Adventures, as she introduces you to an incredible sensory adventure in Southeast Asia.
Starting off in Vietnam, where you will take in some of the country’s most iconic sights, including a stay in the idyllic mountainous area of Mai Chau, home to many hill tribes. From here, you will head to the charming city of Luang Prabang and uncover the rich spiritual side of Laos. Your final destination is Siem Reap, where we will explore the magnificent temples of Angkor Wat and more.
- 3 countries in 3 weeks
- Relaxed pace that allows freedom and flexibility for your personal time
- Experience the culture and architecture of Southeast Asia
- Foodie indulgence at night markets and top restaurants
- Luxury cruise exploring Lan Ha Bay
- Mai Chau Eco Lodge mountain getaway for a rural experience.
- Visit traditional markets and barter for handicrafts
- Witness the procession of monks for the giving of Alms
- Photograph the sunrise at Angkor Wat
Questions? Please contact Julie, our group leader at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hoi An (3 nights)
- Hue (2 nights)
- Hanoi (2 nights)
- Lan Ha Bay River Cruise (2 nights)
- Hanoi (1 night)
- Mai Chau (2 nights)
- Luang Prabang (3 nights)
- Siem Reap (3 nights)
For details on accommodation, daily activities and more see our interactive itinerary here.
Denell Falk founded Civilized Adventures in 1994, building on 13 years in adventure travel. Drawing from many rich travel experiences, Denell is an astute critic of what’s worth adding to a trip, and she never stops looking for new and exciting options for our clients.
Denell has spent over 30 years traversing the world as an explorer and a travel host. She has led many groups to Africa (from traditional safari-based countries to the mysterious pyramids of Egypt), Asia (it will be her 5th trip to Vietnam & Cambodia), the South Pacific, Europe, South and Central America, as well as expedition cruises to Antarctica, the Spitsbergen region, and our Maritimes.
Ranging from boutique hotels to luxury cruise suites to Eco-lodge chic. Civilized Adventures selections are an essential part of the overall travel experience. Chosen for location, comfort, ambience, service and always offering high value.
Our local guides are chosen for their fun personality, good command of English, knowledge and passion. Enthusiastic local experts give you an insiders’ viewpoint that takes you well beyond any guidebook. Denell Falk, your trip host, is there working to ensure a worry-free experience.
Sights & Sounds
Bustling cities and quiet villages! Hanoi, chaotic, refined, cultural, eclectic. Hue, with the inimitable Perfume River and Imperial Citadel. Luang Prabang, simple, quiet, traditional, spiritual. Siem Reap and steeped in spirituality and history.
Exotic Sights!! The Imperial city of Hue, the mountains of Laos, and the funky uniqueness of Hoi An, UNESCO Heritage temples of Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, the karst islands of Lan Ha Bay and everything lush and green!
Food!!! How about a top Cambodian fusion restaurant in Siem Reap, a farming village in Mai Chau with the freshest produce you could ever imagine, try a Bia Hoi in the night food market in Hoi An, or fine Laotian dining in Luang Prabang.
Transportation choices maximize comfort while minimizing travel time wherever possible. We fly when we can and charter air-conditioned coaches to offer the best and safest experience possible. Local transport is used for participation, convenience and involvement.
- 18 nights Top Quality Accommodation
- 2 days cruising around tranquil Lan Ha Bay
- Private transportation throughout the trip
- Internal Flights (Hue- Hanoi-Luang Prabang-Siem Reap)
- Breakfast daily, 11 Lunches, and 10 Dinners
- All entrance fees and activities listed
- Our favorite local guides
- VIP Arrival services including assistance through airport procedures in Vietnam & Cambodia
- Tourist Visas (Vietnam & Cambodia)
- Hosted by Denell Falk, Civilized Adventures (w/min 12 guests)
- Complete pre-departure information and meeting (held in Calgary 1 month before departure)
- International airline tickets
- Gratuities ~ A Tipping Kitty will be collected at the Pre Departure Meeting (approx. $250USD)
- Any meals not listed + beverages
- Visa for Laos (approx. $32USD) payable locally
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Items of a personal nature (ex. laundry)
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
Starting in Danang (Vietnam) & Ending in Siem Reap (Cambodia):
- US$ 6,399 per person, twin share
- US$ 1,625 Single supplement
All quoted prices and itinerary effective at time of publication (April 09, 2021). Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions. A 2% cheque discount will apply. All payments are non-refundable once received. Please consider insurance.