- The Bushcamp
- Included services
- Add-on services
- Location & Access
- Special Offers
Date: May to December
Cost: See costing tab and call us for details!
Trip Type: Luxury villas, Family Experiences
8 Guests – 4 Beds – 4 Bathrooms
With private waterholes and viewing decks, Bilimungwe Bushcamp is the perfect place to sit back and watch as a wealth of wildlife visits you. Constructed on raised platforms from natural materials, Bilmungwe blends an authentic bush experience with comfort and sophistication.
Here, the traditions of the African bushcamp meet elegance and style to create a stunning camp that feels like it has grown organically out of the surrounding landscape. Set beneath a huge mahogany tree, the heart of Bilimungwe is the cool, shady lounge area that looks out over one of the camps three waterholes. Settle down in a cosy armchair with a sundowner and relax as you watch an enviable display of spectacular birds and animals that clearly feel as comfortable here as you do. With the open waters of the Luangwa River also on your doorstep and a nearby plain where leopard prowl, it’s clear that this is a nature-lovers paradise.
- 2 x twin guest chalets (2 queen size beds in each)
- 2 x double guest chalets (king size bed in each)
- 1 x guide/tour leader basic accommodation
Each chalet is en-suite with indoor & outdoor showers, twin wash basins and toilet.
- Large thatched chalets on wooden decks, overlooking a series of waterholes
- Star deck
- Breakfast boma overlooking the Luangwa River
- The shady central dining area, lounge and bar offer great game viewing opportunities; overlooking a waterhole
- Guided walks
- Game drives
- Night drives
- Road transfers to/from Mfuwe Airport
- All meals, bar (except premium wines)
- Game activities
- Concierge Service
After you book this home, your Concierge can arrange anything for an additional cost.
- Special meals
- Additional specialised safari activities
Located in the remote, southern part of the South Luangwa National Park, Zambia. The bushcamp is situated in an mahogany grove overlooking a series of waterholes near the Luangwa River
Mfuwe International Airport
The Kapamba Airstrip, located near the Bushcamps, is available for charter flights
Flying Times to Mfuwe International Airport
From Livingstone around 4 hours with a short stopover in Lusaka to change planes
From Lusaka 1hr 10mins
All guests will be met at Mfuwe International Airport and taken by vehicle to Mfuwe Lodge (45 mins) for refreshments before travelling on to Bilimungwe Bushcamp
Mfuwe Lodge to Bilimungwe – approximately 2:00 hrs 30 mins to 3:00hrs – game-viewing speed; driving through the South Luangwa National Park
Watch this video to discovery the beauty of Bilimungwe Bushcamp:
Price varies between US$3,400-4,400 per night
*price depends on season
*minimum 2 Nights required
*additional charges after 6 guests; Max. 8 guests
*Community & Conservation levy extra
*All rates and availability are subject to change without prior notice. Contact us if you’d like more information or to book.
- Long stay: 10% discount on accommodation for any stay of 7 consecutive nights or more (camps can be combined).
- Last minute: 50% discount on accommodation for any stay booked within 2 months of travel.