Date: September 19 – October 03, 2022
Travel Style: Hosted Small Group
Join Brian Keating on his favorite African safari as Civilized Adventures takes you to some of the most remote, unspoiled and beautiful places in Zimbabwe.
- The Host
- The Experience
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Date: September 19 - October 03, 2022
Host: Brian Keating, Great Big Nature
Cost: US$ 24,500 per person
Zimbabwe is the epitome of African beauty. Phenomenal safari guides, diversity of pristine wilderness, variety of activities, and the stunning jaw dropping safari accommodations deliver all the components for the perfect unforgettable safari.
From the grandeur of Victoria Falls to Hwange National Park in the west, Mana Pools National Park in the north and Gonarezhou National Park in the southeast, experience a magnificent selection of the wildlife and the diversity of landscapes.
- Hosted by Brian Keating
- Game viewing by 4x4 land cruisers, river boat, and bush walks
- Phenomenal safari guides
- Stunning accommodations… check out photos! Click here
- Private charter flights between camps maximize your time and comfort
Questions? Please contact Julie, one of the Civilized Adventures’ Custom Travel Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victoria Falls (2 nights)
- Southern Hwange National Park (4 nights)
- Mana Pools National Park (4 nights)
- Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve (4 nights)
For details on accommodation, daily activities and more see our interactive itinerary here.
If you would like to extend your travels in South Africa or Mozambique, please ask us about possible extensions.
Brian Keating has been leading groups on nature-based adventures for over three decades, exploring some of the best wildlife areas on the Planet. An international speaker, author of five award-winning children's books, a weekly guest on CBC Radio, and former Adjunct Assistant Professor of Anthropology at the U of Calgary, Brian has also been a regular on the Discovery TV Channel, using his own wilderness adventure and wildlife films. He is also the co-producer of an exciting new series of programs: www.greatBIGnature.com .
Brian loves to share his knowledge and passion for all things wild, and with an avid following, his trips fill quickly!
First Class Accommodation
Chosen for location, comfort, ambience, service, quality, and always offer fair value. Standard features of these premium camps include great food & beverage service, beautiful social areas which blend with nature and encourage relaxation, a swimming pool for a refreshing dip, and your secluded personal decant suite for your quiet time enjoyment. Civilized Adventures selects the ideal locations to ensure an ultimate travel experience.
Our enthusiastic local experts give you an insiders’ viewpoint that takes you well beyond any guidebook. These experienced guides enjoy sharing their knowledge of many of the small things in traditional bush life, including tracking, traditional uses of plants and herbs and how the people live today. Our host Brian Keating, with 60+ trips to Africa, will help facilitate an extraordinary experience.
Typical Day on Safari
At sunrise, tea/coffee and a snack will be delivered to your tent, or available in the lounge area. Bring an extra layer for game drives in the cool morning hours. Return to camp for a hearty breakfast or brunch and relax during the hottest hours of the day. When the animals are less active, retreat to your deluxe accommodation or enjoy the pool. Download and edit your photos, read a book, or have a nap before your late afternoon activity begins. The second of your daily game drives will take you in a different direction to experience new scenery and different animals. As the sun sets return to camp where a hot shower and gourmet dinner await.
Private open sided 4x4 safari vehicles. 6 guests per vehicle, guarantees a window seat for everyone and plenty of space for your camera gear and binoculars! We always fly you between parks to maximize your time and comfort.
- Hosted by Brian Keating
- 2 nights at a deluxe boutique property in Victoria Falls on bed & breakfast basis
- 12 nights in spectacular safari camps inclusive of decadent meals and beverages
- Arrival transfer in Victoria Falls
- Private sundowner cruise on the Zambezi river in Victoria Falls
- Guided tour of the Victoria Falls including lunch
- Exclusive deluxe safari vehicles - window seat guaranteed
- Supreme Game viewing with our excellent local guides
- Canoeing & fishing in the Zambezi river
- 4 Charter flights between the camps
- Scheduled flight from Pamushana to Johannesburg
- Complete pre-departure information and meeting (held in Calgary 1 month before departure)
- International flights (Canada to Victoria Falls / Johannesburg to Canada)
- Zimbabwe Visa (US$ 50)
- Gratuities ~ A Tipping Kitty will be collected at the Pre Departure Meeting
- Any increases due to circumstances beyond our control (i.e. park fee increases, fuel surcharges, currency fluctuations)
- Pre or post additional services
Starting in Victoria Falls & Ending in Johannesburg:
- US$ 24,500 per person, twin share
Deposit of US$ 6,125 secures your space. All quoted prices and itinerary effective at time of publication (February 09, 22). Itinerary is subject to change due to improvements or changes in local conditions. A 2% cheque discount will apply. All payments are non-refundable once received. Please consider insurance.