Date: Choose your dates
Travel Style: Private Customized Trip
This highlights tour encompasses both islands, allowing for an evening cruise in the fjords, exploration of volcanic and geothermic regions, train journeys through farmland, river valleys, rainforest and the southern alps and much more.
Date: Choose your dates
Host: Local guides
Cost: Pricing varies, ask us!
In Matauri Bay activities abound with the David Harman-designed golf course, immersive local heritage tours, bountiful fishing, and bush walks, mountain biking, quad biking and spa sanctuary hidden within native forest. Continue on to Rotorua where you'll encounter 360-degree views of volcanic zone, and geothermal area as well as learn about the culture of the local Maori people.
Admire stunning landscapes as you travel by train to Wellington, ferry to Edenhouse, and TranzAlpine train to Greymouth. Along the way, you'll see Canterbury Plains and farmland, followed by the spectacular gorges and river valleys of the Waimakariri River, and into the Southern Alps before and lush beech rain forest. Relax on an overnight cruise through the fjords of western New Zealand, taking you through Milford Sound and seeing the native wildlife including dolphins and penguins.
- Head out on horseback, kayak or quad into the bushlands of Matauri Bay
- Private Sunset Sailing Charter to a nearby island
- Mitai Maori Cultural Experience - Meet the People of the Land, combined a memorable Maori cultural experience exploring Rainbow Springs by night
- Train Travel from Otorohanga to Wellington & Christchurch to Greymouth
- Wine in the Wilderness touring and tasting
- Eco cruise across the calm reflective waters of Lake Mapourika
- Walter Peak Evening Gourmet Barbecue Dinner Cruise
- Sheep shearing demonstration
Questions? Please contact one of the Civilized Adventures’ Adventure Travel Specialists at email@example.com
- Auckland (1 night)
- Matauri Bay (2 nights)
- Rotorua (3 nights)
- Wellington (1 night)
- Abel Tasman National Park (2 nights)
- Christchurch (1 night)
- Franz Josef (2 nights)
- Wanaka (1 night)
- Te Anau (1 night)
- Fjord Cruise (1 night)
- Queenstown (2 nights)
VISIT HERE to see the details of our sample itinerary and contact us to customize your own adventure!
We invite you to utilize Civilized Adventures’ extensive experience to help you plan your personal trip. We will listen to your ideas, discuss logistics, explain value, and make suggestions to further enhance your experience. We will execute on every detail to deliver your ideal civilized adventure.
Call or e-mail to set up your personal, complimentary consultation (virtual or in-person) with one of our “Adventure Travel Specialists”.