Date: Choose your dates
Travel Style: Private Customized Trip
This is a two-week itinerary that deep dives into the best of Tamil culture and Kerala landscape. Perfect for first timers to South India.
Date: Choose your dates
Host: Local guides
Cost: Pricing varies, ask us!
This is a two-week itinerary that deep dives into the best of Tamil culture and Kerala landscape. Explore magnificent ancient temples, some UNESCO World Heritage Sites with architectural grandeur and quirky bougainvillea lined cobbled streets of a former French colony. Meet and spend time with members of the local communities, learning about the very distinct Tamil culture, its music and art, and also about spices which attracted the Romans and the Arabs to trade with India. Experience a slice of daily life of Kerala's backwaters (a maze of lagoons close to the Arabian Sea) and enjoy its food which is a delightful mix of Dutch, Portuguese, British and Jewish influences. Perfect for first timers to South India.
- Explore Mahabalipuram, one of India's ancient crown jewels
- Take lessons on Franco-Tamil cuisine in Pondichery
- Learn about Chettinad inspirational culture and heritage
- Visit Madurai, a 2500-year-old bustling little temple town
- Depart for a night walk in the buffer zone of the Periyar Tiger Reserve
- Enjoy a lunch at a spice plantation in Thekkady
- Take a day cruise on a Kettuvallam, originally these boats were used to ferry rice in the backwaters
- Discover Fort Cochin, which has a wonderful mix of Dutch, Portuguese, British and Jewish influences
Questions? Please contact Lena, our India Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chennai (1 night)
- Mahabalipuram (2 nights)
- Pondicherry (1 night)
- Tanjore (1 night)
- Karaikudi (2 nights)
- Madurai (1 night)
- Periyar (2 nights)
- Kumarakom (2 nights)
- Cochin (2 nights)
VISIT HERE to see the details of our sample itinerary and contact us to customize your own adventure!
We invite you to utilize Civilized Adventures’ extensive experience to help you plan your personal trip. We will listen to your ideas, discuss logistics, explain value, and make suggestions to further enhance your experience. We will execute on every detail to deliver your ideal civilized adventure.
Call or e-mail to set up your personal, complimentary consultation (virtual or in-person) with one of our “Adventure Travel Specialists”.